This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 10:54 PM by 703425 RSS

Issue with Installation of AIA.

703425 Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi',

I am trying to install Oracle AIA on my local machine, however on step 4 of 12 error is coming
Node Manager not reachable for machine "Local Machine", please ensure node manager service is running and port 5556

I already have Oracle SOA 11.1.1.5.0 installed as a prerequisite,

I am following Oracle® Fusion Middleware
Installation and Upgrade Guide for Oracle Application Integration
Architecture Foundation Pack
11g Release 1 (11.1.1.4.0)

This doc on on page 2.2.1 Ensuring Correct Settings for Node Manager Startup ................................................... 2-8
say we should have a node manager running, Now when I go inside the SOA Suite installation folder some of my files are missing

C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\wlserver_10.3\common\bin------------------------------startNodeManager.bat (MISSING)
C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\wlserver_10.3\common\nodemanager---------------nodemanager.properties (MISSING)

I am not sure why this is missing,

If some one has done the installation please help me.

Thanks
Yatan
  • 1. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA.
    751073 Newbie
    Hello Yatan,

To start the nodemanager, you need to browse to C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\wlserver_10.3\server\bin and execute "startNodeManager.cmd" (there is no such file like startNodeManager.bat).

"nodemanager.properties" will get created under ""C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\wlserver_10.3\common\nodemanager\" once you start the nodemanager.

You can also check the status of nodemanager from weblogic console.

a) Login to weblogic console.
    b) Browse to Environment -> Machines in the Domain Structure panel (located left side)
    c) Click on "LocalMachine".
    c) Click on "Monitoring" tab to know the status of nodemanager.

Thanks,
    -Pavan
  • 2. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA.
    703425 Journeyer
    Thanks Pavan.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points