This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 8:31 AM by Charles Lamb RSS

RGST or RNST

896774 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Charles,

I can see RGST (Replication Group Sate Table) in http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/nosqldb/learnmore/nosql-database-498041.pdf page 10 (subsection "Client Driver" for example).
I can see RNST (Replication Node State Table) in http://hpts.ws/sessions/cwl-hpts-for-website.pdf page 18 (subsection "Locating Data: Rep Node State Table").
Are RGST and RNST the same thing?
If not what is the difference? Where is stored RNST? At the client?
Thanks
  • 1. Re: RGST or RNST
    greybird Expert
    This information was described to you earlier by Charlie. It is not stored at the client, it is distributed across the system as needed as Charlie described earlier.
    --mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 2. Re: RGST or RNST
    Charles Lamb Pro
    Yes, the RGST and RNST are the same thing.

Charles Lamb
  • 3. Re: RGST or RNST
    906230 Newbie
    Hi Mark
    it is distributed across the system as needed
    What does that mean?
    When does the RNST or RGST table move from one node to another?
    I have already understood that replication node can send update on RNST table with request answer.
    Thanks.
  • 4. Re: RGST or RNST
    greybird Expert
    I have already understood that replication node can send update on RNST table with request answer.
    That is how the information is distributed.

Why so curious? Are you implementing your own distributed system?

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 5. Re: RGST or RNST
    906230 Newbie
    Hi mark,

I just want to understand well how the system works.
  • 6. Re: RGST or RNST
    906230 Newbie
    That is how the information is distributed
    Yes, but the answer goes only to the clients not to other nodes. Isn't it ?
  • 7. Re: RGST or RNST
    Charles Lamb Pro
    It goes to all nodes and clients.

Charles Lamb

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points