6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 9:20 PM by 751073 RSS

Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".

Yatan
      Hi',

I am installing Oracle AIA on my local machine with 3GB RAM.

On step 11-12 its giving error, the log says *"Could not reserve enough space object heap".*
      On step 5-12 it gave warning minimum recommended value for Xmx is 1024 MB, set SOADomainenv.cmd again.

I came across this URL which gives the steps to install AIA.
      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/foundation-pack/learnmore/default-345261.html
      Which says

You may have to assign higher memory values in your JVM parameter settings for demo to deploy if you have not set the maximum possible value already. Use the following three steps as guidance to configure JVM parameters:

Navigate to <Middleware home>\user_projects\domains\<domain_name>\bin
      Update the following parameter in the setSOADomainEnv.sh (for Linux) and setSOADomainEnv.cmd (for Windows) file:
      USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -
      XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:AppendRatio=3 -XX:NewSize=1228m -XX:MaxNewSize=1228m
      -XX:SurvivorRatio=10"

I tried updating the file, however the SOA server is not starting after this.

This is the content inside the existing file which works fine.

set JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS%
      set DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m
      set PORT_MEM_ARGS=-Xms768m -Xmx1536m

if "%JAVA_VENDOR%" == "Oracle" goto OracleJVM
      set DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS=%DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS% -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
      set PORT_MEM_ARGS=%PORT_MEM_ARGS% -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Please help me.

Thanks
      Yatan
        • 1. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
          Hello Yatan,

You need to configure "USER_MEM_ARGS" in setDomainEnv.cmd, not in setSOADomainEnv.cmd.

Open setDomainEnv.cmd, search for "USER_MEM_ARGS" and update it with

USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -

Do not modify anything in the file "setSOADomainEnv.cmd"

restart Admin & SOA servers.

Thanks,
          -Pavan
          • 2. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
            Yatan
            Hi Pavan,

I tried setting values as you told in file setDomainEnv.cmd inside folder "C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\user_projects\domains\soadev\bin"

@REM IF USER_MEM_ARGS the environment variable is set, use it to override ALL MEM_ARGS values

set USER_MEM_ARGS = "Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -

if NOT "%USER_MEM_ARGS%"=="" (
                 set MEM_ARGS=%USER_MEM_ARGS%
            )

After this I am able to restart the SOA server, however when I installed AIA it was giving error *"Could not reserve enough space object heap"*

Please advice,

Thanks
            Yatan
            • 3. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
              Veeru-Oracle
              set USER_MEM_ARGS = "Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -

Just reduce the values from 2048m to a lower number like 1024m and try.

set USER_MEM_ARGS = "Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=512m -
              XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:AppendRatio=3 -XX:NewSize=1228m -XX:MaxNewSize=1228m
              • 4. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
                Yatan
                Hi Veeru,

This is what I have updated in file "setDomainEnv.cmd" at location "C:\Oracle\MiddlewarePS4\user_projects\domains\soadev\bin"

set USER_MEM_ARGS = "Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=512m - XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:AppendRatio=3 -XX:NewSize=1228m -XX:MaxNewSize=1228m -XX:SurvivorRatio=10"

however when I do the installation once again on step 5 of 12, I get a warning "Please ensure that the MaxPermSize is in MB"
                If I continue with the installation, I get error later.

Please advice.

Thanks
                Yatan
                • 5. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
                  Yatan wrote:
                  set USER_MEM_ARGS = "Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=512m - XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:AppendRatio=3 -XX:NewSize=1228m -XX:MaxNewSize=1228m -XX:SurvivorRatio=10"
                  Maybe are some typos.
                  There is a space between the "-" character and the "XX:MaxPermSize". Also the first Xms512 is missing the "-" character at the beginning.
                  Good luck
                  • 6. Re: Issue with Installation of AIA "setSOADomainEnv.cmd".
                    Hello Yatan,

Since you have reduced the minimum "-Xms" to 512m and the maximum to "-Xmx1024m", the perm size should also be reduced to half (or) less than half of the minimum you allocated and the Newsize should be reduced to slightly more than half of the maximum you allocated. Try below configuration and restart both Admin & SOA Servers.

USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m -
                    XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:NewSize=614m -XX:MaxNewSize=614m

Thanks,
                    -Pavan