This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:04 AM by 988282 RSS

Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?

912567 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm new to oracle, been trying to learn with sql developer 1.5.5, on a win7 machine. I have a set of data (16,000 rows) in a .xls file that I need to import to my databse. I've been getting Logging Page messages that give me the following information:

type:
"SEVERE"

source:
"o.d.r.models.EditableResultSetTableModel$1"

I now have 95 of these messages and counting, each of them show a different value for Elapsed, googling the source gave me nothing, and I'm not sure what to search for for help. Can anyone tell me what this error means, and what caused it? Is there a simple resource describing these erors? Can I change the verbosity of the Log to give me more helpful information?

Thanks,
eskimo9
  • 1. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    Irian Pro
    Well 1.5.5 is quite old, current stable version is 3.0 and there are EAs for 3.1

Before doing anything else I would update to at least 3.0, many enhancements were made in time and the export/import functionality was completely rewritten also to improve error logging.
  • 2. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    912567 Newbie
    OK, so I now have SQL Developer 3.1. I had assumed that when I installed Oracle Database 11g, it would install the latest versions of everything that came with it, apparently that was a dud assumption :/

The new error I get, which is way more helpful, is:

Source:
    o.d.r.data.writers.ImportGenerator$SchemaTaskListener

Import data into table CUSTOMER from file BBFReightCustomerBase.xls. Task failed and import rolled back.

and also,

Source:
    o.d.r.backgroundTask.utils.DatabaseQueryTask

IdeConnections%23hr_orcl locked at completion of oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ObjectNodeFilter$ObjectNodeFilterLoadTask (statement = )

how do I find out what these messages mean?
  • 3. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    Irian Pro
    From the last message you sent it appears some kind of locking condition is happening during your import.
    909564 wrote:
    IdeConnections%23hr_orcl locked at completion of oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ObjectNodeFilter$ObjectNodeFilterLoadTask (statement = )
    It may be a bug, in this case if you can provide a reproducible test case it will be really helpful for the developers.

But it may also be due to the amount of data you are trying to import, if you are working with a big file try to divide it in chunks, maybe start by exporting only a hundred records just to make sure everything works with small numbers then add up the rest of the file.
  • 4. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    JoyceScapicchio Journeyer
    I have not seen this error before, but agree that it looks like a locking issue. If you have a filter set in the connections tree, you might try removing it and retrying.

You might also like to try a different load method. You can select the load method on the second page of the wizard. The simplest to use is the insert script. The importer will generat sql statements in a worksheet for you. You can then execute the statements in the worksheet and will be able to see any errors if they occur.

Joyce Scapicchio
    SQLDeveloper Team
  • 5. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    912567 Newbie
    turns out it was a file access issue, screwing around with the file fixed it up. thanks anyway, everyone.
  • 6. Re: Errors when importing data from .xls - help decipher log messages?
    988282 Newbie
    how did you solve it? because i've the same error and can't solve it

IdeConnections%23BIUserConn locked at completion of oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ObjectNodeFilter$ObjectNodeFilterLoadTask (statement = )

the import failed and rolled back!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points