5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2013 1:47 PM by Shankar RSS

unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)

Shankar
      Hi All,
      I am using Linux5 for soa 11.1.1.1.4 deployments , i am unable to create Data source in WLS from XE Database which is running in win7, i am getting below errors.
      am i doing correct way or it not possible? while connecting with XE db which is running in Linux i am able to connect.

- Error Connection test failed.
      - Error IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
      oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:443)
      oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:670)
      oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:230)
      oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:34)
      oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:567)
      oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getPhysicalConnection(OracleDataSource.java:404)
      oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getPooledConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:694)
      oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:267)
      oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource.getXAConnection(OracleXADataSource.java:134)
      com.bea.console.utils.jdbc.JDBCUtils.testConnection(JDBCUtils.java:745)
      com.bea.console.actions.jdbc.datasources.createjdbcdatasource.CreateJDBCDataSource.testConnectionConfiguration(CreateJDBCDataSource.java:458)
      sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.invokeActionMethod(FlowController.java:870)
      org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.getActionMethodForward(FlowController.java:809)
      org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.internalExecute(FlowController.java:478)
      org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowController.internalExecute(PageFlowController.java:306)
      org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowController.execute(FlowController.java:336)

any one please give me some resolution.

Regards
      Shankar
        • 1. Re: unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)
          Ravi Jegga
          Hi Shankar
          1. You have XE Database on Windows 7. You have SOA on Linux. From SOA/Weblogic console on Linux, you want to connect to this XE Database.

2. First using some sort of client (or sql plus command itself) try to connect to this XE Database by giving db host, port, sid, username, password. First try from the same windows machine. Now try the same from some other machine. Infact for XE database if its 10g XE, you can use something like http://dbhost:8080/apex and login with sys privileges and see all the schemas. So before trying from Weblogic Console, DataSource / Connection Pool tab, first see if you can access XE database at all from Linux machine. Actually you do not need to run any tns listeners because you access db dircectly by giving db host, port, sid, useranme, password. Also make sure if your Linux has to open the port to access this db port. Something along those lines.

Finally make sure you give all db details correct while testing or configuring and the db should be up and running on windows.

Thanks
          Ravi Jegga
          • 2. Re: unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)
            Shankar
            Hi Ravi,

yes i am using win7 local m/c with "oracle-xe-univ-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386" database, for soa side i am using oracle Linux 5 updated 6(VM) with soa suite 11g(4 version) i.e 11.1.1.4 both m/c are bridged network system. when i trying to create Data-source(JDBD) in WLS console(SOA side) i am getting those errors.

I tried with my local WLS server console its working fine as well as i tried with other db(which is running in linux m/c) its also working fine.
            i tried with some other db (which is running windows 7) its not working i am getting same error like when i connect with my local m/c.

Finally i decided its not possible to connect or create a data-source in wls (which is running in oracle Linux), from database which is running win7 OS***

i am i correct ?? or where i am doing mistake?
            can you please give me some solution on this situation.

Regards
            Shankar
            • 3. Re: unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)
              Ravi Jegga
              Hi Shankar
              Finally i decided its not possible to connect or create a data-source in wls (which is running in oracle Linux), from database which is running win7 OS***

NO. I would not jump to the above conclusion. To access a database from Windows to Linux or Linux to Windows, all we need is that database host, port, sid, username, password. Thats all. It should NOT matter whether the database is on Windows or Linux or from where this db is getting accessed. There are very good chances for some other reasons, your Linux Env is not able to access the db server.

On linux side, can you directly ping the ip or hostname of the windows machine where you db is running. I am not very expert at Linux OS. But try some basic debugging. If you cannot ping windows ip or dns name from linux, now thats the problem. Try editing your hosts file on linux and add a manual entry to this windows ip address. Use some very simple tools like I mentioned earlier sql clients on Linux to access the windows db. Even before trying from weblogic datasource, all I want you to try is access db running on Windows from Linux using any simple client etc.

Thanks
              Ravi Jegga
              • 4. Re: unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)
                Shankar
                Hi Ravi,

I tried all possibilities,you are right we ca access db from any OS to OS. but in my VM s i am unable to connect win2 or other then linux os it not working, if i create from any other Linux running DB i am able to create datasource.
                any way i'll do R&D on this. please check logs on first post you may got any hint on same.

Thanks
                Shankar
                • 5. Re: unable to create Data-source  in wls console(Linux) from XE db(windows)
                  Shankar
                  I noticed its a problem with b/w the VM communication. vm box to vm workstation.

Thankx
                  Siva