1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 8:30 AM by 904472 RSS

Usage of WSRP portlet producers in source control in JDeveloper

Hi

Once I've registered the portlet producer in JDeveloper, available portlet metadata appears in folder 'mds', I'm able to run my project in JDeveloper and can see the portlet. But the project is under source control, so I committed the content of the folder 'mds' and pages.

If another person checks out my changes, that portlet producer can't be used in her workspace, as JDeveloper tells that registraion of WSRP producer is invalid.

So how to correctly work with portlet producer in JDeveloper when using source control? Maybe something more needs to be added to the source control?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Usage of WSRP portlet producers in source control in JDeveloper
          Hm.. it has to do with the portlet preferences. When you want to use the Integrated Weblogic Server - then you can use a file based data store for preferences which can be added to source control, for production we can use - a database data store. The detailed information is here:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_portletconfig.htm#CHDHAFDH

Other wise there will be problems when having producers under source control