This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
you have to be a bit more precise about your requirement, but from what I know and use a few suggestions on how to solve the issue (as far as I understand it)
1. If you want to use standard save button of ondemand
- you can use a workflow to create an integration event and push it into a queue that you have defined in On Demand
- Write a java or any other external component that is reading the records from On Demand Queue and afterwards process create/update operations as needed within the component with webservices from on demand
Thanks your guide. Now I get requirements as below,
(1) From the screenshot (Customer/Prospect Detail) below, we notice that the owner name is "Zoe Mok", after I click on the Completed Activities > Delivery swatch
(2) After that, it bring to the Appointment Detail and we noticed that the owner name is "Patrick Wong".
The problem right now, the owner name should not based on the user login name (Patrick Wong) and should refer to the person who default name from Customer/Prospect Detail (Zoe Mok).
From what I think is need to involve the webservices, but I don't know where is the starting point or you have alternative way for this problem?
Edited by: 911468 on Feb 1, 2012 10:58 PM
Edited by: 911468 on Feb 1, 2012 10:59 PM
Can somebody have a help here?
I'm not sure but from what I see you would like to have the owner of the contact always as the owner of an appointment that is related to the contact right?
I'don't get it why you need webservices for it. I think this can be done from a workflow as well with update field after wait action and get the owner from contact (joinfieldvalue) to fill it into the appointment owner field. By default the owner of any record type is always the user that created the record, so you have to change this behavior afterwards....
Hi, thanks your guide, I can use the function that you mentioned to solve my case. :)