5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 8:48 PM by 914471 RSS

[DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?

Hi All,

I am newbie on the integration by using the web services, I need a guide as below request:

How to trigger a button (save), and call the web services then update or insert a new records into the CRM On Demand?

Thanks your help :)
        • 1. Re: [DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?
          Stephan_RVL
          Hi,
          you have to be a bit more precise about your requirement, but from what I know and use a few suggestions on how to solve the issue (as far as I understand it)

1. If you want to use standard save button of ondemand
          - you can use a workflow to create an integration event and push it into a queue that you have defined in On Demand
          - Write a java or any other external component that is reading the records from On Demand Queue and afterwards process create/update operations as needed within the component with webservices from on demand
          2. If you want to have your own logic inside of on demand, you have to use javascript within web applet to call webservices on button press

Best Regards

SL
          • 2. Re: [DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?
            Hi,

Thanks your guide. Now I get requirements as below,
            (1) From the screenshot (Customer/Prospect Detail) below, we notice that the owner name is "Zoe Mok", after I click on the Completed Activities > Delivery swatch
            http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6947/18583939.jpg

(2) After that, it bring to the Appointment Detail and we noticed that the owner name is "Patrick Wong".
            http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2746/67631682.jpg

The problem right now, the owner name should not based on the user login name (Patrick Wong) and should refer to the person who default name from Customer/Prospect Detail (Zoe Mok).

From what I think is need to involve the webservices, but I don't know where is the starting point or you have alternative way for this problem?

Thanks. :)

Edited by: 911468 on Feb 1, 2012 10:58 PM

Edited by: 911468 on Feb 1, 2012 10:59 PM
            • 3. Re: [DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?
              Can somebody have a help here?
              • 4. Re: [DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?
                Stephan_RVL
                Hi,
                I'm not sure but from what I see you would like to have the owner of the contact always as the owner of an appointment that is related to the contact right?
                I'don't get it why you need webservices for it. I think this can be done from a workflow as well with update field after wait action and get the owner from contact (joinfieldvalue) to fill it into the appointment owner field. By default the owner of any record type is always the user that created the record, so you have to change this behavior afterwards....
                • 5. Re: [DISCUSS] How to trigger a button to involve a web services?
                  Hi, thanks your guide, I can use the function that you mentioned to solve my case. :)