This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2012 8:51 PM by Prabhas RSS

essbase cube design change

Rowdy Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Can we load back-up level-0 data after making chnages to dense dimension and restructure?

I made chnages to my accounts and restructure the cube, now it is not liking the data back-up from before the change. I have block size and some other statistics chnaged after the change.. Is there any thing to do with the previous and current block size?

Thanks,
KK
  • 1. Re: essbase cube design change
    SR Explorer
    Technically it should not. Have you deleted any members that has data? I am asking this because I got similar issue with ASO.

Just make sure you are not aborting load on error.
  • 2. Re: essbase cube design change
    GlennS_3 Oracle ACE Director
    If you deleted or renamed members you could have a problem as the export would not know what to do with the members. Adding additional members shoul not be an issue.
  • 3. Re: essbase cube design change
    Prabhas Journeyer
    User7876731 wrote:
    Can we load back-up level-0 data after making chnages to dense dimension and restructure?

I made chnages to my accounts and restructure the cube, now it is not liking the data back-up from before the change. I have block size and some other statistics chnaged after the change.. Is there any thing to do with the previous and current block size?

Thanks,
    KK
    When did you taken the Backup??? Did u deleted any members after taking the back up? In that case you will get errors if that deleted members contains the data.

Make sure to add deleted members before loading level0 data...

Regards,
    Prabhas
  • 4. Re: essbase cube design change
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    Was the data exported in column format, if it was then you can create a load rule and load the data back in, any members then are rejected due to name changes could be renamed in the data or through the rule.
    That is just assuming that you made member name changes because you didn't specify what the changes werew.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • 5. Re: essbase cube design change
    Rowdy Journeyer
    Thanks for the replies..

I have couple of members that has some data before i made changes. I deleted those memebrs now and trying to restore the data before changes..
    My initial thought was that it would scip the members that it didn't find in the outline and load the rest? Is that correct? or would it fail to load the complete data in case of it didn't find some members with data in the back up and not in the outline?

Thanks,
    KK

Edited by: User7876731 on Feb 1, 2012 6:00 AM
  • 6. Re: essbase cube design change
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    If the export file contains data for members that don't exist in the outline anymore the data load will load up the point where it reaches a member that doesn't exist and then abort, the member it failed at will be written to the log.
    If you have exported in column format then you can have a rule then when it loads will just reject the members that dont exist.

Cheers

John
  • 7. Re: essbase cube design change
    Rowdy Journeyer
    I think the load is aborting in the begining of the job it self. I don't see any data loaded and I have the error in the log file with the member I deleted and was there in the back-up. The plan is to use the existed back-ups and make them work incase we need to restore and we didn't do any export in the column format..

The couple of members I deleted have some useless data and we really don't need that. We are now trying to get ride of things that we don't need and add few other.

Thanks,
    KK
  • 8. Re: essbase cube design change
    JohnGoodwin Oracle ACE
    If it is only a few members wouldn't it just be easier to add them back in somewhere in the hierarchy, load the data, delete the members and then export the data.

Cheers

John
  • 9. Re: essbase cube design change
    Prabhas Journeyer
    Hi..

Don't you have any back up .otl files in test environment or in production??

Regards,
    Prabhas

Edited by: Prabhas on Feb 2, 2012 10:12 AM

Edited by: Prabhas on Feb 2, 2012 10:20 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points