2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 1:50 AM by Brent Harlow RSS

Found wrong applictionScope sticking to oldContext for oldApplication

Brent Harlow
      Hi guys,

I've searched on all the forums for this - there has been some posts on the JDeveloper forum but no real solution. Thought I would check in with you guys to see if you've seen this behaviour in the log files.

I'm using JDeveloper 11.1.1.3 and JHeadstart 11.1.1.3.35

I have a number of JHeadstart ADF applications deployed to the same weblogic server. While everything seems to work ok in the applications, I notice tons of entries in the log files like this
      <Jan 31, 2012 6:19:01 PM GMT> <Warning> <oracle.adf.share.http.ServletADFContext> <BEA-000000> <Found wrong applictionScope sticking to oldContext for oldApplication XXXXXX(2.5-29092011), while the current one is YYYYY(1.2-18012012)>
      Sometimes the error is for the same application, just different versions (between current active and earlier archived, sometimes it is for different applications altogether.

For each application I set the cookie-path in the weblogic.xml (do you guys normally do this for your applications ?)
        <session-descriptor>
          <cookie-path>/XXXXXXX</cookie-path>
        </session-descriptor>
      Any idea why this error message is shown (seems to loop through 8 or 9 times each time it shows) ?

I've noticed a number of the JHeadstart beans are set to application scope (mainly breadcrumbs)

Should I be worried about this warning (it is only a warning after all) in the logs ? Have you seen it ? Any idea how I can avoid it ?

Cheers,

Brent Harlow