1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 6:13 AM by 915614 RSS

Deploying c# procedure with user-defined type

Hi
      I've written a c# procedure which makes use of some Oracle user-defined types (c# classes generated using the wizard).

I will be calling the procedure from an Oracle package and one of the out parameters needs to be one of my user defined Oracle objects (basically a record object). My problem is when I come to deploy the package, it tells me "... does not contain any .NET stored procedures that can be deployed to Oracle"

If I change the user defined type (out param) to something like an Int32 or string, it works fine. AFAIK the latest version of ODT/ODAC supports user defined types. For Info I've 11g Client , .Net v4 & VS2010

quick example of procedure entry point.

works:
      public static void GetOrderCost(int OrderNr, out Int32 orderCost )

Not work:
      public static void GetOrderCost(int OrderNr, out ORDER_RECORD orderCost ) - Note: ORDER_RECORD is the class created using the class generation wizard.

I've spent 2 days now trying to get this to work, perhaps its not possible or perhaps my setup is not quite right but any help gratefully received.

Ian
        • 1. Re: Deploying c# procedure with user-defined type
          think I have found some small print which scuppers my plan. Good if some one could confirm and nicer if someone could suggest a workaround (without resorting to writing the UDT to a Oracle table)

Oracle User-Defined Type (UDT) Support

UDTs are not supported within a context connection but they are supported with a client connection. UDTs are not supported as parameters to .NET stored procedures.

Source:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14435_01/win.111/e10927/extenRest.htm#CJAHJBJI

So you can use UDT's within the body of the procedure (and can read them off the DB) but as yet its not possible to use them as parameters.