1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 3:35 PM by 855728 RSS

JAX-WS Dispatch client deployed in weblogic 10.3.0 sends empty namespace

We have a weird issue.

Currently in the production environment we have the below application deployed

1.     WebService1.war
      2.     WebApp1.war
      3.     WebApp2.war

Webapp1.war and WebApp2.war invokes WebService1.war and there is no issue in production.

We have another new webservice2.war component that is going to production soon is deployed in dev and QA environment. After deploying WebService2.war in dev and QA, WebApp1.war started sending empty namespace in the request to Webservice1.war but WebApp2.war which also uses the same web webservice method is sending the proper request. This is how request from WebApp1.war looks like (For security reason I have not given the entire request):

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><env:Header/><env:Body><GetDetails xmlns="Test"><Info xmlns=""></Info></GetDetails></env:Body></env:Envelope>

In the above request xmlns is empty and that is an issue because at the service layer the Info object is null and it is throwing NullPointerException.

Additional Details:

1.All the above mentioned applications are deployed in Weblogic 10.3.0. WebService1.war was implemented using JAX-WS and created in Bottom Up fashion. WebService2.war is also implemented using JAX-WS and created using wsdl (Top Down webservice).
      WebApp1.war uses JAX-WS dispatch client. And there is no issue when the client is tested as a standalone client from our local machine even when WebService2.war is deployed. WebApp2.war uses stubs created using com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport to invoke the webservice. And there is no issue no matter WebService2.war is deployed or not.

We dont know how the new webservice2 component can cause webapp1 to send empty namespace in the request to webservice1

Please let me know if you need any other details. And I would really appreciate your inputs.

Edited by: user8115570 on Feb 2, 2012 8:01 PM