This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 4:08 PM by 915256 RSS

Realm is not populated for BPM app

915256 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am new to Oracle BPM 11g. I am trying to deploy one hellow world application (using :- http://st-curriculum.oracle.com/obe/fmw/obpm/11g/r1/firstProcess/firstprocess_obpm11g.htm) in my local WL server.

In the Deploying and Testing the Application part , i need to connect to the internal LDAP realm within the WebLogic server , in order to map the Reviewer and Requester roles to a user in the LDAP. To do that i follow all the steps (Mapping the Studio Role to an LDAP Role ) till step 3 and I have succesfully conected my local WL server, but in Step 4 Realm is not getting automatically populated.

Can anybody please help me to configure local LDAP realm with in my WL as i can accomplish the 4th step of Mapping the Studio Role to an LDAP Role section in that document.

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    Dariel Pérez Newbie
    Hi. Please ensure you have in the Weblogic (myRealm) the users you need to chose. If isn't please create them and try to add them as users to the rol.

Regards.
  • 2. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    915256 Newbie
    myRealm is there.

eventhough i created a new one also the Realm is still not yet populated.
  • 3. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    Dariel Pérez Newbie
    Hi. What I meant is that you check if there any user in the myRealm, if there aren't, please create them. Open the myrealm >select tab Users and Groups and there check the existence of the users.

After do that, go back to the JDeveloper and add the user created as member of the rol

In the tutorial you aremaking the select jcooper users, as far as I know, they are users of the exelent book Getting Started with Oracle BPM Suite 11g R1 (Sales Quote Demo).Please check that book, they also handle with the creatin of user in the weblogic LDAP.

Regards.
  • 4. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    687528 Newbie
    You can download the salesquotedemo process from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/bpm-11g-sales-quote-demo-setup-and--131283.zip
  • 5. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    RaviJegga Expert
    Hi
    I hope your issue is Resolved. If not, here is the solution. Its Very simple and just takes about 10 mts.

1. Basically there is a sample App (simple EAR that has a WAR with one xml file having users/groups etc) from Oracle which is used for running/testing any Oracle Sample Applications like SalesQuoteDemo, HelloWorld or FOD (Fusion Order Demo) etc. This sample when run will create list of users and groups and associate users to groups.

2. This link should give all the details of this sample app, users, groups, hierarchies etc. You don't need to see and understand all these details just for running samples.
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/integration.1111/e10226/appx_users.htm

3. Here is the link to download DemoCommunitySeedApp.
    http://java.net/projects/oraclesoasuite11g/downloads/directory/HumanWorkflow

4. Here is a post of mine, with simple steps to deploy and create the demo users. All you need is have your weblogic authenticator as default which is already there unless you add any external AD. I hope you do not. Ofcourse you should have SOA Domain with just admin server (having all soa modules also) or admin + soa server. Either way, you need a server that has soa modules. Then DEPLOY the EAR to this server and run the URL given in the readme.txt file from the unzipped sample:

Re: Seed Demo Community Failes

Thanks
    Ravi Jegga
  • 6. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    915256 Newbie
    Thanks Ravi!

this help a lot!
  • 7. Re: Realm is not populated for BPM app
    915256 Newbie
    FYI, in order to complete this tutorial, a server must be set up..and the project must be deploy there, not in local pc..

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points