1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 9, 2012 5:46 AM by wkobargs-Oracle RSS

SQL Developer 3.1: Migrating from Access 2007 to Oracle 10g

I have been creating a Database tool for Resourcing management In Access 2007. One of the things i hit was to calculate the availability of the resources. The guys in my company use spreadsheets and with it it's easier to perform calculations. Now back at the Access side it proved very difficult.
      The solution was to migrate the Access table to Oracle. Initially i followed two guidance:
      1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1QaEHpNw6Y

2. http://st-curriculum.oracle.com/obe/db/hol08/sqldev_migration/msaccess/migrate_microsoft_access_otn.htm

The first link its a good youtube video showing a migration from SYBASE to Oracle, and the second link is the Oracle site documentation. With both guidance i was able to perform a migration from my localhost using SQLDeveloper 3.1...The migration was sucessfull. From the Associate Migration Repository i could check the 'Target Status' and could see some Views (queries) missing, and those were the queries in access that i used 'parameters query'.. those didnt migrate properly, Oracle guide says that i need to 'set the parameters in the same session' which i still need to come around that.

Now after the sucessfully migration on my localhost i tried to migrate to one of our Server, the migration process showed the 'converted Database Objects' from the 'Migrations Repository', but after connecting to the migrated user, there were no tables or views captured.. i checked the 'Target Status' and it shows all 'MISSING'..
      So what am i missing here? Any help..

i did find this thread before about a similar issue:
      SQL Developer 3.1 not migrating Sybase Users to Oracle 11g R2

thanks
        • 1. Re: SQL Developer 3.1: Migrating from Access 2007 to Oracle 10g
          wkobargs-Oracle
          Hello,

I am trying to understand your problem properly.
          queries in access that i used 'parameters query'.. those didnt migrate properly
          As I understand you know the reason and are working on a workaround?
          Now after the sucessfully migration on my localhost i tried to migrate to one of our Server
          On the localhost means that you have MS Access and Oracle on the same machine? Which is the exact version of RDBMS? Is the migration repository in the same local Oracle database into which you migrate?

Migration to one of your Servers mean that the target database is now somewhere else? Which platform, and which is the exact version of RDBMS? Is the migration repository still in your local database, or is it in your target database on your sever?

Regards
          Wolfgang