12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 11:48 PM by 917676 RSS

Google search in combolist?

hi all,
      I'm using 10.2 on windows.
      my question is:
      how i make a search like google website?
      so when i write one letter in combo list the results will added to list that carry the first letter i entered. and when i write the second letter the results contain my two letters and so on.
      the results came from a specific column in specific table.
      and when delete the letters and write a new letter the results come with new letters.

thank you
      regards
        • 1. Re: Google search in combolist?
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
          You can get some of that behavior using an LOV rather than a list item, but if that is not enough you will need to engineer your own Java Bean to perform the task. The Oracle Forms Demos include numerous Bean examples, however more current examples can be found here:

(Not an Oracle site)
          http://forms.pjc.bean.over-blog.com/

Oracle Forms Downloads (from Oracle)
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index.html
          • 2. Re: Google search in combolist?
            François Degrelle
            Hello,
            <p>Maybe this Java Bean should do the job.</p>
            Francois
            • 3. Re: Google search in combolist?
              thank you
              but i do not work with java bean and i not understand it
              could you explain it to me briefly or give me a link to do that.
              i did the work but not exactly when i'm writing letter. it's work after i hit enter-key and when i delete the letter for new input the 40735 error occur.

regards
              • 4. Re: Google search in combolist?
                François Degrelle
                Paste, here, the content of the modified /forms/server/formsweb.cfg section (archive tags).
                Also, when you use Java Bean, always display the Java console at runtime to see error messages.

Francois
                • 5. Re: Google search in combolist?
                  hi Francois,
                  i didn't modified the formsweb.cfg.
                  i understand that the java bean is component added to oracle. when we need it we just call it...... is that true?
                  i download a PJC component and i can't run it...
                  could you explain how to run it step by step please...

thank you

regards
                  • 6. Re: Google search in combolist?
                    François Degrelle
                    +"...i didn't modified the formsweb.cfg..."+

But the required steps are explained at the end of the article:
                    The sample dialog

. Download the CBAutoCompletion.zip file
                    . Unzip the file
                    . copy the ComboBoxCompletion.jar file in the <ORACLE_HOME>/forms/java directory
                    . Edit your /forms/server/formsweb.cfg file to add the ComboBoxCompletion.jar .
                    . Open the CBAUTOCOMPLETION.fmb module (Oracle Forms 9.0.2)
                    . Compile all and run the module

Copy the ComboBoxCompletion.jar file to your <DEVSUITE>/forms/java folder.
                    In your <DEVSUITE>/forms/server folder you will find a formsweb.cfg file. Edit it, then add the ComboBoxCompletion.jar to all the archive and archive_jini tags:
                    archive_jini=frmall_jinit.jar,ComboBoxCompletion.jar
                    archive=frmall.jar,ComboBoxCompletion.jar
                    save the file.
                    When you run the form, display the Java Console to see if any errors are raised.

Francois
                    • 7. Re: Google search in combolist?
                      hi Francois
                      thank you.
                      i saw the steps but what i change in formsweb.cfg thats i didn't now. now is clear.
                      i will try it and tell
                      thank you again.

regards
                      • 8. Re: Google search in combolist?
                        there is an error with java!

regards.
                        • 9. Re: Google search in combolist?
                          François Degrelle
                          When you run the form, you see a small coffe-cup in right side of the launch bar. Right click that icon the choose "display console".
                          Francois
                          • 10. Re: Google search in combolist?
                            hi Francois,
                            sorry for late
                            this is the java console

Loading http://<client-IP>:8889/forms/java/frmall_jinit.jar from JAR cache
                            Loading http://<client-IP>:8889/forms/java/ComboBoxCompletion.jar from JAR cache
                            proxyHost=null
                            proxyPort=0
                            connectMode=HTTP, native
                            forms version 10.1.2.0
                            UI_PARENT:16
                            OUTERSIZE:java.awt.Point[x=176,y=24]
                            FOREGROUND:java.awt.Color[r=0,g=0,b=0]
                            BGPATTERN:null BACKGROUND:java.awt.Color[r=225,g=225,b=225]
                            FONT:java.awt.Font[family=dialog,name=Dialog,style=plain,size=12]
                            LANGUAGE_DIRECTION:oracle.forms.properties.LanguageDirection@257f1b
                            VALIDKEYS:8
                            DEFAULTKEYS:2
                            CLASSNAME:oracle.forms.fd.ComboBoxCompletion
                            VISIBLE:true INIT:Ester,Jordi,Jordina,Jorge,Sergi

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: oracle/forms/fd/CBAutoCompletion$4, method: <init> signature: (Loracle/forms/fd/CBAutoCompletion;Ljavax/swing/JComboBox;)V) Expecting to find object/array on stack      
                            at oracle.forms.fd.CBAutoCompletion.<init>(CBAutoCompletion.java:36)      
                            at oracle.forms.fd.ComboBoxCompletion.setProperty(ComboBoxCompletion.java:128)      
                            at oracle.forms.handler.ComponentItem.setCustomProperty(Unknown Source)
                            at oracle.forms.handler.ComponentItem.onUpdate(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.handler.JavaContainer.onUpdate(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onUpdate(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onUpdateHandler(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.sendInitialMessage(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.startRunform(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Main.createRunform(Unknown Source)      
                            at oracle.forms.engine.Main.start(Unknown Source)      
                            at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)      
                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

so what i do?

regards
                            • 11. Re: Google search in combolist?
                              François Degrelle
                              Well, you did not provide the very fisrt lines of the Java Console, but it seems that you run with the JInitiator, that does not support inline classes. Do you have a chance to test it with the Sun(Oracle) plug-in ?

Francois
                              • 12. Re: Google search in combolist?
                                yes this JInitiator console.
                                the steps of java environment console you gave it to me. I do it and the console was this.....