This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 1:50 AM by 915071 RSS

Some Questions about Oracle Nosql on backup/recovery

915071 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Question 1:
If I backup database by using the command "snapshot", what file do I backup, only data about key/values or including the configs about topology, logs or others?

Question 2:
I found the backup files are less than the files in directory env, often lack one file named ****.jdb, when I used snapshot command, why this happen? Is the file ***.jdb are the data contains key/values ?

Question 3:
If I want to simulate losing data, which file should I mv ?

Question 4:
Which one are Oracle Nosql Recovery belongs to, Complete recovery or Incomplete recovery ?

Questions on other fields:
Question 5:
Could one store have one more group ? If could, how could I set config? Use the command "kv-> plan -execute -name "Deploy the store" deploy-store BostonPool 3 300" ? How should I modify this ?
My topology is belowed:
kv-> show topology
dc=[dc1] name=Beijing
sn=[sn1] dc=dc1 datanode1:5000 status=RUNNING
rn=[rg1-rn1] sn=sn1 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn2] dc=dc1 datanode2:5000 status=RUNNING
rn=[rg1-rn2] sn=sn2 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn3] dc=dc1 namenode:5000 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn4] dc=dc1 datanode1:5020 status=RUNNING
rn=[rg1-rn4] sn=sn4 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn5] dc=dc1 datanode1:5040 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn6] dc=dc1 datanode2:5020 status=RUNNING
rn=[rg1-rn3] sn=sn6 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn7] dc=dc1 datanode2:5040 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn8] dc=dc1 namenode:5020 status=RUNNING
sn=[sn9] dc=dc1 namenode:5040 status=RUNNING

Question 6:
When I want to read data from RepSNs in a group , can I assign the specific RepSN? Or oracle will balance which one is better ?

Question 7:
How I can get the total count of the records stored?

BTW, what does "Replacing a Failed Storage Node" mean ? Can it replace recovery the data of old SN on the new SN ?When I replace one node and run "verify", there is this message "Verify: sn3: Mismatch between metadata in admin service and sn3: Expected these parameter collections: Global, StorageNode but instead, see these collections: storageNodeParams globalParams repNodeParams ", why this happen ?
Thank very much for your answers !

Edited by: 912068 on 2012-2-15 上午12:28

Edited by: 912068 on 2012-2-15 上午12:42
  • 1. Re: Some Questions about Oracle Nosql on backup/recovery
    Charles Lamb Pro
    912068 wrote:
    Question 1:
    If I backup database by using the command "snapshot", what file do I backup, only data about key/values or including the configs about topology, logs or others?
    Topology information is stored in the Admin database which is stored in the KV store so it gets backed up.

>
    Question 2:
    I found the backup files are less than the files in directory env, often lack one file named ****.jdb, when I used snapshot command, why this happen? Is the file ***.jdb are the data contains key/values ?
    I don't understand your question. Are you saying that the back up directory does not have all of the *.jdb files from the kvroot?

>
    Question 3:
    If I want to simulate losing data, which file should I mv ?
    I suppose you could delete one or more of the *.jdb files.

>
    Question 4:
    Which one are Oracle Nosql Recovery belongs to, Complete recovery or Incomplete recovery ?
    I don't understand your question.

>
    Questions on other fields:
    Question 5:
    Could one store have one more group ? If could, how could I set config? Use the command "kv-> plan -execute -name "Deploy the store" deploy-store BostonPool 3 300" ? How should I modify this ?
    Are you asking how to add another group to your topology? We currently do not support adding another rep group to a topology, but you can just increase the number of nodes when you create the initial configuration.
    Question 6:
    When I want to read data from RepSNs in a group , can I assign the specific RepSN? Or oracle will balance which one is better ?
    We hash the key of the record and decide which group to store a record in. So we do the balancing based on a hash of the major key.

>
    Question 7:
    How I can get the total count of the records stored?
    Iterate over all the records and count them.
  • 2. Re: Some Questions about Oracle Nosql on backup/recovery
    gmfeinberg Journeyer
    >
    Question 2:
    The *.jdb files are the key/values for a RepNode snapshot. For an Admin snapshot they comprise the topology and configuration information.

The original environment ends up with an additional .jdb file after the snapshot because of the mechanism used to create a stable, read-only set of files for the snapshot. This is expected.

George
  • 4. Re: Some Questions about Oracle Nosql on backup/recovery
    915071 Newbie
    I am sorry that I haven't express my idea very clearly.
    According to question 1:
    Does backup files contains configurations and logs ?
    According to question 4:
    I mean that when I recovery my data by load or directly from the data(which I backup at time1), can I recovery the data which I commit after the time1?
    From our experiment, recovery maybe incomplete recovery ?

According to question 5:
    I don't want to add, I just want to set two groups or more for one store, which command should I use?

According to question 6:
    I want to know that can I assign which "StorageNode" run my code like "get(key)", because I want to delete one **.jdb file on one StorageNode, and access this StorageNode to make sure whether data lost, but I don't know can I assign the StorageNode number to do this, if could, what the command?

Furthermore, when one SN lost data, can it syn the data from master to make consistent? If master lost data, what will happen ?

Edited by: 912068 on 2012-2-15 下午7:55

Edited by: 912068 on 2012-2-16 上午1:42

Edited by: 912068 on 2012-2-16 上午1:49

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points