7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 7:22 PM by 867670 RSS

STK Event

Hi guys

From the spec GSM 11.14, I see that there are so many different events that can be registered from STK applet. However, in this spec, the information of events is still vague and not sufficient. There are some events that I only see them in STK api for Java spec, but not in this document.

-->> Would you mind to tell me which version of GSM can cover all knowledge of events

Thanks in advance

Jason
        • 1. Re: STK Event
          Umer
          I know this is a bit old thread but as no one answer you and you might still stucked here so ETSI TS 102.223. is the document where you will find complete list of events.
          • 2. Re: STK Event
            Thanks Umer

Imma check it rite now. By the way, I now have a problem with event MO Short Message Control by SIM that I don't know how to trigger it in the emulator.

Well, it is said in GSM 11.14 that to trigger this event, we need 2 conditions:

1. service "MO Short Message Control" is allocated and activated in SIM Service Table (i.e file EF SST)
            2. there's a MO short message attempt, which might result from a SEND SHORT MESSAGE proactive command

I tried to have those two conditions in Developer Suite (powered by Gemalto). I changed the EF SST value in DF GSM and invoked SEND SHORT MESSAGE proactive command successfully but no more event is triggered

Would you know anything about this?
            • 3. Re: STK Event
              Dear Umer

The ETSI TS 102.223 is similar to GSM 11.14. But I personally think that the latter is more detailed and sufficient than the former document that you suggested.

Jason
              • 4. Re: STK Event
                Umer
                Jason Gosling wrote:
                Thanks Umer

Imma check it rite now. By the way, I now have a problem with event MO Short Message Control by SIM that I don't know how to trigger it in the emulator.

Well, it is said in GSM 11.14 that to trigger this event, we need 2 conditions:

1. service "MO Short Message Control" is allocated and activated in SIM Service Table (i.e file EF SST)
                2. there's a MO short message attempt, which might result from a SEND SHORT MESSAGE proactive command

I tried to have those two conditions in Developer Suite (powered by Gemalto). I changed the EF SST value in DF GSM and invoked SEND SHORT MESSAGE proactive command successfully but no more event is triggered

Would you know anything about this?
                I am sorry I don't have any practical experience in SIM app development. I am trying to get grip on that. Currently I am reading standards of ETSI and 3GPP :) I think you are much ahead in SIM STK development than me. It will be good for me if you share you knowledge with me...

Thanks
                BR
                Umer
                • 5. Re: STK Event
                  You're welcome. I'm happy to help :)

Jason
                  • 6. Re: STK Event
                    Umer
                    Thanks dear as there is no help on internet regarding programming.
                    Can you tell me where you are now in development?

BR
                    Umer
                    • 7. Re: STK Event
                      Umer wrote:
                      Thanks dear as there is no help on internet regarding programming.
                      Can you tell me where you are now in development?

BR
                      Umer
                      Well, we don't develop the applets (applications) in fact. Honestly, our responsibility is Java Card Virtual Machine/Java Card OS and STK integration (SIM card production is our main target). We have done it so far, and now we're on the step to integrate NFC technology into it.

Jason