4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 3:25 AM by 917639 RSS

Cant communicate with proxy controller

I seem to have some communication / config issues. My environment looks like this:

LDOM in datacentre 1 connected to two networks: general + the one with service processors. Both configured with ipmp
      global zone - proxy controller #1
      local zone - enterprise controller

LDOM in datecentre 2 connected to the same 2 networks:
      global zone - proxy controller #2

The problem is that apparently the enterprise controller cant communicate with proxy or its global zone. After some tries I manually installed the proxy controller #1 on the global zone and also manually configured it. All seemed fine sc-console list-connection shows the connectoin to the EC but in the EC gui the status of proxy controller #1 is unknown and it doesn't take requests. Also when I added the PC i used the DNS alias for the non-global zone but for some strange reason the EC sees it as one of the underlying IPMP interfaces

When starting the proxy controller I get this in messages:
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca cacao:scn-proxy[15833]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.cacao.element.ElementSupport.setAdministrativeState : caught throwable when starting : net/sf/hibernate/Lifecycle
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/hibernate/Lifecycle
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca cacao:scn-proxy[15833]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.cacao.element.ElementSupport.setOperationalState : Error in stop() method.
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.hss.domain.ZoneController
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca cacao:scn-proxy[15833]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.cacao.element.ElementSupport.setAdministrativeState : caught throwable when disabling : Problem when stopping a module
      Feb 17 10:00:34 su12oca java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem when stopping a module
      Feb 17 10:00:35 su12oca cacao:scn-proxy[15833]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.cacao.impl.ModuleManager.garbage : Cannot garbage collect class loader for module com.sun.scn.jobmanager - external references probably still exist. There may have problems redeploying this module.

Can someone help me figure this out ?

Edited by: 914636 on 2012-02-17 01:04
        • 1. Re: Cant communicate with proxy controller
          user12617625
          Are you saying in a single LDOM guest, you have the EC in a local zone, and a proxy in the Global zone? I don't think that is supported.

Is there a reason you couldn't make just the EC and co-located proxy in the global zone?
          • 2. Re: Cant communicate with proxy controller
            Yes, thats my config. I've opened a call on Friday didnt get any unsupported info yet so I hope is supported. Do you have any reasons why this shouldnt work ?

EC in local zone is for DR (and other) reasons.
            • 3. Re: Cant communicate with proxy controller
              Hi, I found this information in the site preparation guide for Ops Center

"You can install the Enterprise Controller software on a non-global zone but with these constraints:
              ■The non-global zone must be a whole root zone.
              ■The Proxy Controller cannot be located in the same zone.
              ■The Proxy Controller cannot be located in the global zone that supports the Enterprise Controller's non-global zone.
              ■No Agent software can be installed on the global zone that supports the Enterprise Controller's non-global zone."

maybe one of these requirements impact your installation ?

btw, the only reason a proxy controller cannot be in a zone, is because it needs nfs to do deployments.

Edited by: 3sth3r on Feb 20, 2012 10:44 AM
              • 4. Re: Cant communicate with proxy controller
                Thanks definately 3rd point impacts the config. Back to the drawing board then.