3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 11:39 AM by rukbat RSS

Issue with Moderator action

user503699
      Hello,

Not sure why I am being criticised here.
      I had posted a question that can be classified as either related to Linux (in general) or to "Oracle Developer Days Virtual Machine" in particular.
      In the sticky on XML Db section, Mark clearly states in the particular thread (Oracle OTN DEV DAYS Virtual Machine : Installing, Configuring and Starting
      Please do not post questions related to your XML DB issues in this thread, this thread is for issues related to installing, starting and configuring the VM.
      Hence I had posted in the same thread. As there was no response, I posted it in Linux forum where I specifically mentioned why I am posting again in different forum
      (and I believe the question is relevant to the Linux forum). However, the moderator has accused me of "hijacking" an old thread; locked the thread and created new thread in XML DB forum
      which, in my opinion, is not the right category (I would have understood if it was Apex listener forum).
      Is that fair?
        • 1. Re: Issue with Moderator action
          BluShadow
          It'll probably help admin to investigate your 'issue' if you actually provided the relevant links.

I assume it's this thread:

How and when was the process started ?

in which a moderator took your original post that was on the link you provided and split it off to thread of it's own:

How is the APEX Listener configured to start

I can't answer for that moderator, but I would guess he was doing that to try and help you get an answer to your post on the grounds that (from what I can see myself)...

a) your post relates to APEX
          b) you posted it on the end of a thread about "OTN DEV DAYS Virtual Machine" which is in the XDB forum
          c) you then subsequently posted it in the generic Linux forum

Curious as to why you posted it in the XDB forum?

Wouldn't the Apex or Database - General forums have been a better choice?

Not sure the moderator in question was doing anything untoward, but was more likely trying to help you get a response (perhaps the word "hijacking" was mis-used?)

Well, the links are there and Admin can take a look.
          • 2. Re: Issue with Moderator action
            user503699
            BluShadow wrote:
            I can't answer for that moderator, but I would guess he was doing that to try and help you get an answer to your post on the grounds that (from what I can see myself)...

a) your post relates to APEX
            b) you posted it on the end of a thread about "OTN DEV DAYS Virtual Machine" which is in the XDB forum
            c) you then subsequently posted it in the generic Linux forum

Curious as to why you posted it in the XDB forum?

Wouldn't the Apex or Database - General forums have been a better choice?
            Hello Blushadow,

Apologies for not providing links and thank you for the same. When I posted it first, I specifically followed a sticky at the top in XML DB forum in which, Mark Drake has provided a link to a post and said that any issues about installing and configuration of Oracle Developer Days Virtual Machine should be posted in that thread. As I had my question when I was using that pre-configured virtual machine, I posted it there as per Mark's request. As I said above, the reasons for posting it in "General Linux" forum were because a) I was not getting any response in original thread and b) I believe the question is very much relevant to "General Linux" category.
            I have no intention and time to spam forums.
            You didn't get an answer there because you hijacked a thread from mid-2011 and appended a post that was completely unrelated to it. You've participated in these forums long enough to have known better.
            As much as I want to believe you when you say the moderator was trying to help me, those are pretty strong and unambiguous statements from a moderator blaming me.
            In both my posts, I had made it quite clear (I think) why I am posting the question.
            I fail to understand how the question about APEX Listener configuration on pre-built Oracle Developer Days Virtual Machine is relevant to XML DB forum where moderator has moved it.
            • 3. Re: Issue with Moderator action
              user503699 wrote:
              I fail to understand how the question about APEX Listener configuration on pre-built Oracle Developer Days Virtual Machine is relevant to XML DB forum where moderator has moved it.
              I didn't move your initial post.
              It was appended to a thread in that forum:
              Oracle OTN DEV DAYS Virtual Machine : Installing, Configuring and Starting

I split it away and left it in the forum you had used.
              The only thing I modified was its title, so as to hopefully reflect the text in your post a bit better.