10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2012 7:19 AM by 632584 RSS

Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation

I have the OIM Server 11.1.1.5 installed and configured on OL (Oracle Linux) 5.7 64bit. The Next step is to install and confiure the OIM Design Console.
      I have read the 11.1.1.5 doc. The OIM Console runs on Windows only. But I have noticed that some posts claimed the 11g console can run on the both of Windows and Linux.
      OIM Design Console

Is that true? If yes, please point the doc for the installation and configuration on the Linux.

If not, what are the minimum requirements to run OIM Console 11.1.1.5 on the Windows?

I looked over the 11.1.1.5 doc http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/install.1111/e12002/oidonly.htm#CDDIDCIC

I have:

WLS not a mandatory;
      SOA not a mandatoty;
      IAM 11.1.1.5 a mandatory;

The 11.1.1.5 doc states that OIM manager has to be configured prior to configuring of OIM Console. I read this as the RCU schemas relevant. Do I have to install a new RCU schema DB in the local Windows just for the OIM Console configuration? Or I can use the SAME RCU Schema DB for the OIM Server on the OL.
      Thanks a lot for the help.
        • 1. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
          I think I got this. I have already configured the OIM manager on OL, now i need to install IAM on the windows and configure OIM Design Console with the OIM Manager on the OL. No new RCU Schema DB required.

Can any one tell me if the OIM Design Console can be installed / configured on the OL? and the docs?

TIA
          • 2. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
            Kevin Pinsky
            The design console will run perfectly fine on Linux or Windows. All you need to do is make sure that the libraries are set correctly during running. Modify the xlclient.sh or xlclient.cmd file accordingly and it will work fine.

-Kevin
            • 3. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
              Nishith Nayan
              If you have already installed OIM 11.1.1.5 on linux machine just do below to configure design console

1. goto IDM_HOME/bin/ run config.sh
              2. In the configuration wizard, select ‘Design Console’ checkbox ONLY.
              3. next screen, enter the OIM server host and port name
              4 generate wlfullclient.jar and Copy the ‘$WL_HOME/server/lib/wlfullclient.jar’ to ‘IDM_HOME/designconsole/ext’ (find below instruction given for generation of wlfullclient.jar)
              5. now goto IDM_HOME/designconsole-> run xlclient.sh and you will have design console in unix

If you want your design console in windows do below

1.copy entire folder "designconsole" from linux to Windows machine
              2. Now, in your local windows machine, edit the file ‘$DC_HOME/designconsole/xlclient.cmd’ ($DC_HOME is the folder where you copied the ‘designconsole’ folder) to change the following values:

* "@loc\java\bin\java" - '@loc' points to your JDK installation
              * "-DXL.HomeDir=@loc" - '@loc' will be $DC_HOME/designconsole
              * "config\@auth_config" - '@auth_config' will be authwl.conf

creation of wlfullclient.jar

- Change directories to the server/lib directory.
              cd WL_HOME/server/lib
              - Use the following command to create wlfullclient.jar in the server/lib directory:
              java -jar wljarbuilder.jar

--nayan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
              • 4. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                nayan--

Thanks a lot. The instructions for the Linux worked well.
                I still do not understand that the 11.1.1.5 doc states the instructions of the oim design console for windows only .
                Well, thanks again.
                • 5. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                  Hello all, Thanks for helping me setup OIM Design Console in Linux.
                  Today, as I actually tried to use the OIM Design Console and I found none of the those under the catagoryies (User Management, Resource Management , ect) cannot be open. no response as being cliecked.
                  and All of the icons under the manual are in gray.

What seems the problems?
                  • 7. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                    Leôncio
                    Hi Gabda,

Let me know if this that I made help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5jurNXtog

I hope this helps,
                    Thiago Leoncio
                    • 8. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                      Nishith Nayan wrote:
                      If you have already installed OIM 11.1.1.5 on linux machine just do below to configure design console

1. goto IDM_HOME/bin/ run config.sh
                      2. In the configuration wizard, select ‘Design Console’ checkbox ONLY.
                      3. next screen, enter the OIM server host and port name
                      4 generate wlfullclient.jar and Copy the ‘$WL_HOME/server/lib/wlfullclient.jar’ to ‘IDM_HOME/designconsole/ext’ (find below instruction given for generation of wlfullclient.jar)
                      5. now goto IDM_HOME/designconsole-> run xlclient.sh and you will have design console in unix

creation of wlfullclient.jar

- Change directories to the server/lib directory.
                      cd WL_HOME/server/lib
                      - Use the following command to create wlfullclient.jar in the server/lib directory:
                      java -jar wljarbuilder.jar

--nayan
                      I have followed Nayn's steps as above. What could be my problem?
                      • 9. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                        @ gadba,

Which user you are using to connect to OIM design console ?

Are you connect to Linux screen on which design console is running via VNC ? If yes did you configure any special security with VMC apart from username/password based authentication in VNC screen

Atul Kumar
                        • 10. Re: Clarifications on OIM Design Console 11.1.1.5 Installation
                          894863 wrote:
                          @ gadba,

Which user you are using to connect to OIM design console ?

Are you connect to Linux screen on which design console is running via VNC ? If yes did you configure any special security with VMC apart from username/password based authentication in VNC screen

Atul Kumar
                          i use xelsysadm;
                          I log into the linux server directly. it is my vbox server.

It is not working for me on the linux server. Do not know the reason.
                          however as I copied the oim designconsole directory from the linux server to my windows and changed the entris in the startup console executable, and worked.

Edited by: gadba on Mar 4, 2012 8:19 AM