This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 7:20 PM by EdStevens RSS

Sqlplus line terminators

911268 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I use SqlPlus utility to generate a report on Linux server, that is uploaded to Windows server and read by users, sometimes by pretty stupid tools like Notepad. I need to change the line terminators from LF to CR/LF, but I din't find any solution that would do it directly. I can't process that report after its generated, because the mechanism of uploading is part of a bigger system and we are not able to change it.

Thanks,

Michal

Edited by: 908265 on 16.1.2012 1:57
  • 1. Re: Sqlplus line terminators
    EdStevens Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    908265 wrote:
    Hello,

I use SqlPlus utility to generate a report on Linux server, that is uploaded to Windows server and read by users, sometimes by pretty stupid tools like Notepad. I need to change the line terminators from LF to CR/LF, but I din't find any solution that would do it directly. I can't process that report after its generated, because the mechanism of uploading is part of a bigger system and we are not able to change it.

Thanks,

Michal

Edited by: 908265 on 16.1.2012 1:57
    How is the file moved from linux to windblows? Just about any utility I can think of (ftp, sftp, scp, etc,, etc, has the option to copy as either binary or text. Choose text and it will make the conversion. Also google unix2dos and dos2unix.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points