This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 10:35 PM by 963225 RSS

Call History

867670 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys,

I haven't read thoroughly GSM 11.11 which includes a complete list of files used in STK. Hence, I haven't known if there is a file containing full call history.

Can anybody help me with this? Please tell me the name of the EF file.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
  • 1. Re: Call History
    867670 Newbie
    Hi guys,

Actually, my duty is to build a STK applet which can use the call history. I don't know if there is a method to retrieve it or a file which contains this precious information.

Jason
  • 2. Re: Call History
    Umer Journeyer
    If you don't find an standard EF for this then you can create your own EF and update it after each call and in this way you can maintain call history in a properitry way.

BR
    Umer
  • 3. Re: Call History
    867670 Newbie
    Thanks Umer

I now know that there's no EF file which contains the call history after trying all in DF telecom. And I remember that, the call history is quite large, hence it used to not be stored in any EF at all, because it is quite expensive with the poor memory that SIM have.

Those pieces of information can only be stored in server, I reckon

Jason
  • 4. Re: Call History
    Umer Journeyer
    >

>
    I now know that there's no EF file which contains the call history after trying all in DF telecom. And I remember that, the call history is quite large, hence it used to not be stored in any EF at all, because it is quite expensive with the poor memory that SIM have.
    Well its is upto you but you can control the file size upto some records let say 10. What you have to do is just create an EF cyclic of fix size 10 then the file will contain only most recent history of 10 callz only.
  • 5. Re: Call History
    963225 Newbie
    Hi Jason,

From the 3GPP TS 11.11 specification, you can only get the Last number dialled stored in EF LND (section 10.5.8) containing alpha id and phone number.

Surely you can create incoming/outgoing call history thanks to Call Control and Call Connected event, but do some considerations:
    1. You need to do some research related to number of handsets supporting those functions before you start.
    2. The number of history stored in internal applet buffer shall be limited and the storage shall behave like cyclic file
    3. What is the main functionality offered by this applet, since mobile handsets surely have this function. If this is to analyse end user behavior and send them to server, then it is reasonable.

Best regards,
    David

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points