6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 6:33 AM by user1017639 RSS

Load Testing

user1017639
      Hi,

I was asked to find a tool to run load tests on our system.
      We use Java on weblogic 10.3.4 server and we also use EJB with annotations.

I tried Load Runner but it doesnt support weblogic 10 and EJB with annotations.

Do you guys know any good tools to run multi user load tests?

Thank you!
      Dan.
        • 1. Re: Load Testing
          gimbal2
          user1017639 wrote:
          Do you guys know any good tools to run multi user load tests?
          What about Java? Its a wonderful and flexible tool with which you can construct load tests which are 100% tailored to your specific environment.

Why don't you begin by defining what your load tests should in fact be doing and go from there. Perhaps you don't need one magic tool, perhaps you need several.
          • 2. Re: Load Testing
            user1017639
            Hi,

In my load test i want to play complex scenarios with 1000's of users.
            sometimes several scenarios in the same time.

after that i want to see response times and see whether our server can take such a pressure.
            • 3. Re: Load Testing
              gimbal2
              In my load test i want to play complex scenarios with 1000's of users.
              1000's of users... doing what?
              • 4. Re: Load Testing
                user1017639
                Playing scenarios.
                For instance i have a service which purpose is to recieve certain data, look for some stuff in the db, making a certain calculation and store some data to the db.
                and each time i want to give this process different data.

Also i would like to rn several services in the same time and see if it is too heavy for the server.
                • 5. Re: Load Testing
                  gimbal2
                  user1017639 wrote:
                  Playing scenarios.
                  For instance i have a service which purpose is to recieve certain data, look for some stuff in the db, making a certain calculation and store some data to the db.
                  and each time i want to give this process different data.

Also i would like to rn several services in the same time and see if it is too heavy for the server.
                  Oh boy, you really don't want to cooperate do you. Sure, keep it vague and non-specific.

Well then I'll have to keep it non-specific too. Basically what you need to do is create system tests which invoke X threads to do tasks at the exact same time. What those threads are going to do, no idea. You want to keep that knowledge to yourself apparently, I'm sure you can work it out.
                  • 6. Re: Load Testing
                    user1017639
                    It's a military system so i can't say much band its irrelevant.
                    Those services recieve certain data (object's), do some logical calculations by calling other services and then store stuff to oracle db.
                    There really nothing beyond it.

I need a specialized tool becouse i want to time the running of the processes and i need to run them from several computers with agents (like in load runner) becouse one computer might not withhold such load.

although i need output data like how much scripts failed, time it took to run them and so on.

All i asked whether you familiar with a tool that supports weblogic 10 and ejb with annotations.