This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 21, 2012 11:30 AM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant RSS

Interface Between R12 GL and 11i GL

user11156572 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
We have a requirement as part of which we are moving few modules to R12 from 11i. We would still continue with the GL part in 11i. At the end of each period we want to consolidate GL data from R12 and send it to 11i and then do the reporting from there. As there are changes in the GL module between 11i and R12 can we do this by simply migrating the GL balances/transaction data from one database to another(i.e from R12 to 11i). Please share your experience/comments on this. Any pointers will be very helpful. I have very little knowledge on R12 as i have just started working on it.

Regards
AM
  • 1. Re: Interface Between R12 GL and 11i GL
    Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Can we do this by simply migrating the GL balances/transaction data from one database to another(i.e from R12 to 11i).
    If you mean you will extract the table data from one instance and then insert into the other then absolutely not.
    That is not possible.

You will have to extract the data from source, validate it, insert into gl_interface on destination, run GL import, and then post the batches.

Alternatively, if all your business wants is updated totals (which is unlikely), you can simply extract period end balances, create journal entries for the differance (manually or programmatically depending on volume) and post them.

Sandeep Gandhi

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points