I am getting this error when I am trying to do a partition exchange however the user id that is doing the exchange has been granted "expemt access policy" and the policy itself has been disabled. I can stop the error by dropping the policy but that is not a useful solution. Why am I getting this error and how do I fix it?
Any help would be appreciated.
2. Post the DDL for the partition exchange (be sure to use formatting tags to make your listing readable ... look in the FAQ for how).
3. Should VPN really be VPD? If not explain what a VPN has to do with this.
I guess you have an active RLS-security on your table:
SELECT * FROM dba_policies WHERE object_owner='&your_schema' AND object_name='&your_table_name';
- drop the policy (DBMS_RLS.DROP_POLICY),
- do the exchange partition and
- re-create the policy again (DBMS_RLS.ADD_POLICY)
Another option with GRANT EXEMPT POLICY to your schema is probably too much. But maybe a possibility if you are the only schema in the database and have the DBA privileges.