I need to upgrade my 10.2.0.3 in RHEL 4 (64 bit) -- Server1 to windows 2003 server (in VM) 32 bit -- Server2. I want it to be upgraded to 11.2 in windows. Is the following steps enough or am I missing something.
1. Install oracle 11gR2 in Server2
2. Export full from Server1
3. Create empty database in Server2
4. Create the tablespaces in Server2 (as in db in Server1).
5. Run the catalog.sql and catproc.sql in Server2
6. import the dump in Server2
7. startup upgrade and run the catupgrd.sql and utlrp.
8. shutdown and then startup
Did I miss anything. Only thing I am concerned is I never migrated from 64 to 32 bit. (But the export and import should take care of it right. Please tell me if I am wrong).
That step you'll want to do as part of the new instance creation, before adding tablespaces and adding users.
Export/Import can be fine, if you're patient, or don't have large tablespaces.
The #7 and #8 aren't needed since its a new instance and the system catalog is already at the 11g version.
Also may want to check out transportable tablespaces, it only takes a few moments to expdp the tablespace catalog info, plus time for copying the datafiles and impdp the tablespace metadata.
The only caveat for TTS is the system tablespace, with user procedures/functions/sequences and other items will not transport, so it will take an exp or expdp of the schema(s) to get code + sequences into the new database instance.