I have designed a composite in jdev using MQ adapter where i have to put message into a remote MQ
The MQ(both client and server) is installed on windows and the weblogic is installed on a Linux machine.
On the MQ side i have created a queue manager, queue and a receiver channel.
On the weblogic side i have copied the required jar files , given these required values:-
1. channelName - channel name that i have defined
2. connectionFactoryLocation - MQAdapter.ConnectionFactory
3. hostName -machine number where the MQ is installed
4. portNumber -port of the machine number where the MQ is installed
5. queueManagerName -the queue manager name that i have defined
6. SSLEnable - false
7. XATransaction - false
On the composite side i have given the Queue name where the message is to be put as well as the name of the queue manager where the queue is defined.
After deploying and testing the composite i got the following error:- Exception occured when binding was invoked. Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'execute' failed due to: JCA Binding Component connection issue. JCA Binding Component is unable to create an outbound JCA (CCI) connection.
*TestMQAdapter:TestMQADAPTERSVC [ execute_ptt::execute(request) ] : The JCA Binding Component was unable to establish an outbound JCA CCI connection due to the following issue: BINDING.JCA-13001* Failed to connect to QueueManager. Failed to connect to QueueManager.
*[ManagedConnectionImpl] Error while connecting to QueueManager: "MyQueueManager".* Refer WebSphere MQ Reference Manual for Reason Code 2,538 and fix the cause of the error. Contact oracle support if error is not fixable. Please make sure that the JCA connection factory and any dependent connection factories have been configured with a sufficient limit for max connections. Please also make sure that the physical connection to the backend EIS is available
Am i missing something here?
Edited by: user13263578 on Feb 20, 2012 10:46 PM
Check these options:
* The listener has not been started on the remote system.
* The connection name in the client channel definition is incorrect.
* The network is currently unavailable. - between the client and server: check firewalls and configuration.