This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 7:22 AM by kentucm - oracle RSS

Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm

Najdawi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,
i am relatively new to oracle ucm and i am trying to add new comonent to create new layout from oracle Create and Modify Layout Sample Component* example under http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/content-management/index-092832.html .

i want to ask about the following

in this component i have CreateLayout_Layouts Table, CreateLayout_PublishedWeblayoutFiles Table and CreateLayout_PublishedStaticFiles Table. These tables should be merged with LmLayouts table, PublishedWeblayoutFiles table and PublishedStaticFiles table respectively in the std_resources.htm file in the <install_dir>/shared/config/resources directory.
The problem is in my std_resources.htm file i have the following :

<tr>
     <td>LmLayouts</td><td>LmLayouts</td><td>LmLayouts</td><td>id</td><td>label</td>
     <td></td><td>7.3</td><td>1</td>     
</tr>

how can i add (merge) the CreateLayout_Layouts Table in LmLayouts table? what is should fill the <td>s ?
for PublishedWeblayoutFiles table and PublishedStaticFiles table they are not exist in my std_resources.htm file. are there names changed? or shall i add them(if yes, what is the <td>s had inside).

note: i will be greatfull if someone have the std_resources.htm that have the above tables merged with the specified ones.
  • 1. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Smells like something the Component Wizard can do for you (you need to merge with component resources, not with the standard ones).

Alternatively, you can get a component which provides a similar functionality and just adjust it to your needs. I have one for the 11g version. If you drop me an email I can send it back.
  • 2. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    Najdawi Newbie
    Thanks for your response.
    i had install and enable the component and restart the UCM cs. but when i press publish static layout file i got the following exception :

Content Server Request Failed
    Unable to execute service PUBLISH_STATIC_FILES and function publishStaticFiles.
    The error was caused by an internally generated issue. The error has been logged.

i don't make and changes, did i need to do or modify a file or something like that? if yes, where this file located.

Regards
  • 3. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Hm. That's bad.

I haven't tested the component myself (it's downloaded from Oracle internal site; one of our partners did, though, and reported no issue).

I'll take a look at it tomorrow and come back, if I find something, OK?
  • 4. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    Najdawi Newbie
    ok, and thanks so much
    waiting your response

regards.
  • 5. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Sorry for my late response - I was busy somewhere else.

Yet, no good news for you: I have installed the component and tested the switch to Gray skin with no issue. In fact, the component does not define any service (just few html resources), so I wonder if/how it is related to your issues.

Just go ahead and disable/uninstall the component. Yet, you should be able to use the component as a blueprint how to create skins in UCM 11g.
  • 6. Re: Creating new Layout problem with merged table within std_resources.htm
    kentucm - oracle Journeyer
    I believe that sample is old. i have been pushing to get an updated version out also. Hopefully the fragmentary information I will give here will help.

The main changes are dynamic data tables which replace the includes to control the menu items and relationships. The old things should work still but good to use the new. At the end is an example of merge rules.

See 3.5.2 Dynamic Data Tables
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e10807/c03_components.htm

==============================
    CoreMenuItemRelationships table example

<?commatable mergeKey="primaryKey" derivedColumns="primaryKey:parentId+id"?>
    parentId,           id,                loadOrder
    MY_CONTENT,      NEW_PAGE,                9000

================================
    CoreMenuItems table example

<?commatable mergeKey="primaryKey" derivedColumns="primaryKey:parentId+id"?>
    id,                label,                linkType,           linkData
    NEW_PAGE,                    wwNewPage,                    cgi,                IdcService=GET_DOC_PAGE&Action=GetTemplatePage&Page=NEW_PAGE

============================
    CoreMenuItemsFlags table example

<?commatable indexedColumns="id"?>
    id, flags
    WORK_IN_PROGRESS, isSubAdmin

=======================
    CoreMenuItemsImages table example

<?commatable indexedColumns="id"?>
    id, image, imageOpen
    ACTIVE_WORKFLOWS,      ReviewContent.gif,

Glue file example: (note I am not willing to upload a zip file of a full component sorry)

<?hda version="11gR1-dev" jcharset="UTF8" encoding="utf-8"?>
    @Properties LocalData
    ComponentName=NewLayout
    blDateFormat=M/d/yyyy {h:mm[:ss] {aa}[zzz]}!mAM,PM!tAmerica/Chicago
    hasPreferenceData=0
    preventAdditionalComponentDowngrade=0
    serverVersion=7.1
    version=2011_11_13-dev
    @end
    @ResultSet ResourceDefinition
    type
    filename