14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 9:08 AM by 721587 RSS

OTCP Task Reposityr

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Oracle Team Productivity Center Task repository. After installing the OTPC v 11.1.2.1 in a weblogic (10.3.5) server and get connected to the Team Server in my Jdeveloper (11.1.2.1) I try to create a WorkItem repository but the Task connector doesn’t appear.

How can I create it? What do I need to do to use the Task repository?
        • 1. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
          Hi Susana,

I run the same exercise you did, and in fact the Task Connector I was only able to see it on the internal updates (I'm in the Oracle network). I'll follow up with the TPC team to validate whether or not it is going to be available anytime soon or not.

Juan Camilo
          • 2. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
            suduncan-Oracle
            In this release the task connector is shipped with the client. You will not see it in the JDeveloper update center.

However you still have to do a couple of things:
            1. Have you installed the connector in the tpc server? you need to run the installer and select the Task connector. It should appear in the update center.
            2. In JDeveloper in the Repository admin tab of TPC admin you still have to create a new connection to the task repository and select it for use in your team.

rgds

susan
            • 3. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
              Susana,

In JDeveloper -> Help->About, click on the Extensions tab, scroll down until you see Team Productivity Center, you should have that one and Team Productivity Center Task Connector in there. If not, as Susan suggest check for Updates.

- Juan C.
              • 4. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                Hi Susan,

1.- In OTPC Server 11.1.2.1 there isn't a task connector available for download.
                According to documentation "The Task repository is installed when you install the Team Productivity Center server"

2.- In Jdeveloper if I try to create a new repository, the task conector isn't available.
                In Jdeveloper the task connector is installed (oracle.teamproductivitycenter.task 11.1.2.1.38.60.81)

I think there is something different in the last version.
                • 5. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                  suduncan-Oracle
                  Hi Susan,

1.- In OTPC Server 11.1.2.1 there isn't a task connector available for download.
                  According to documentation "The Task repository is installed when you install the Team Productivity Center server"

this is correct, the repository is available in the TPC database schema. However, you still need to install the Task connector on the server using the Installer

2.- In Jdeveloper if I try to create a new repository, the task conector isn't available.
                  In Jdeveloper the task connector is installed (oracle.teamproductivitycenter.task 11.1.2.1.38.60.81)

Have you installed the connector on the server as above?

rgds

susan
                  • 6. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                    Hi Susan,

in the server installer I only see the Rally and the OSLC connectors

Regards,
                    Susana
                    • 7. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                      suduncan-Oracle
                      I have been able to recreate your problem (only Rally and OSLC connector in installer.

I am looking further into it

rgds

susan
                      • 8. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                        Hi,

i can reproduce the same issues. I try to add the connector after completely install the otpc weeks ago.
                        Maybe it is only published on http://ide.us.oracle.com/center.xml.

No access from the world outside oracle.

uli
                        • 9. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                          Hi,

adding these rows to the database seems to solve the problem:

REM INSERTING into OTPC_CONNECTOR
                          Insert into OTPC_CONNECTOR (ID,UIFILE_NAME,DESCRIPTION,JDEVEXT_ID,NAME,MODELFILE_NAME,CLASS_NAME,CONNECTOR_VERSION,VERSION,TYPE_ID) values (5,'/META-INF/TaskUI.xml',null,'oracle.teamproductivitycenter.task','Task','/META-INF/TaskDef.xml','oracle.alm.task.model.TasksConnectorService','11.1.2.1.38.60.81',1,5);

REM INSERTING into OTPC_PARAM_DEFINITION
                          Insert into OTPC_PARAM_DEFINITION (ID,DESCRIPTION,NAME,LABEL,DEFAULT_VALUE,VERSION,PARENT_NAME,LOCALE_ID,ACCESS_LEVEL_ID) values (12,'Team repository name','team.repository.name','Team Repository Name',null,1,'CONNECTOR.Task',1,4);

Regards,
                          Ricardo.
                          • 10. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                            That's great, It works!!

Susana
                            • 11. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                              suduncan-Oracle
                              We've resolved the problem and the Task plugin is available in Check for Updates on the installer now - I would suggest doing it from here rather than Ricardo's workaround!

If you have any other problems let me know, otherwise can you mark this thread as fixed?

thanks and rgds

susan
                              • 12. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                                Susan,

That's right, now it works.

But to download the connector when I introduce the oracle user/password (the correct ones) nothing
                                happens, the find password and help buttons in the window neither work.

I download it following an URL.

How can I close the thread?

Susana

Edited by: Susana on 23-feb-2012 5:17
                                • 13. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                                  suduncan-Oracle
                                  hi Susana

Which URL did you follow?

And for the server install I would suggest using the TPC server installer rather than a manual download.

To close the thread you mark it as 'answered' and that seems to have been done

rgds

susan
                                  • 14. Re: OTCP Task Reposityr
                                    Susan,

I try to download the conector using the installer but when introducing the Oracle username/password to download it, I doesn't work
                                    So I follow the link http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/jdeveloper/11.1.2.1.0/extensions/tpc-connector-task_bundle.zip
                                    I get the URL in the log file of the installer.

regards, Susana

This is the installer authentication error (when trying to download the connector):

java.io.IOException: Unable to authenticate with OTN.
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ide.webbrowser.WOCAuthenticator.getRedirectsUrl
                                    (WOCAuthenticator.java:242)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ide.webbrowser.WOCAuthenticator.logIn(WOCAuthen
                                    ticator.java:113)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.authenticateOTN(DownloadUp
                                    dates.java:267)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.copy(DownloadUpdates.java:
                                    322)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.download(DownloadUpdates.j
                                    ava:185)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.Installer.downloadRemoteBundles(Installer.java:
                                    476)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ui.InstallerWizard$InstallerWizardValidateListe
                                    ner.wizardValidatePage(InstallerWizard.java:3956)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardPage.processWizardValidateEvent(WizardPage.java
                                    :710)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardPage.validatePage(WizardPage.java:680)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.validateSelectedPage(BaseWizard.java:2367)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard._validatePage(BaseWizard.java:3072)
                                         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.doNext(BaseWizard.java:2152)
                                         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.dWizard.DWizard.doNext(DWizard.java:405)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard$Action$1.run(BaseWizard.java:3952)
                                         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:642)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:85)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:603)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:601)
                                         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                                         at
                                    java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlCo
                                    ntext.java:87)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:612)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java
                                    :269)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:18
                                    4)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:17
                                    8)
                                         at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1046)
                                         at
                                         at
                                    ntext.java:98)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:617)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:615)
                                         at
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:614)
                                         at
                                         at
                                    4)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
                                    :174)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
                                         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
                                    java.io.IOException: Unable to authenticate with OTN.
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ide.webbrowser.WOCAuthenticator.getRedirectsUrl
                                    (WOCAuthenticator.java:242)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ide.webbrowser.WOCAuthenticator.logIn(WOCAuthen
                                    ticator.java:113)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.authenticateOTN(DownloadUp
                                    dates.java:267)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.copy(DownloadUpdates.java:
                                    322)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.util.DownloadUpdates.download(DownloadUpdates.j
                                    ava:185)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.Installer.downloadRemoteBundles(Installer.java:
                                    476)
                                         at
                                    oracle.alminternal.installer.ui.InstallerWizard$InstallerWizardValidateListe
                                    ner.wizardValidatePage(InstallerWizard.java:3956)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardPage.processWizardValidateEvent(WizardPage.java
                                    :710)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.WizardPage.validatePage(WizardPage.java:680)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.validateSelectedPage(BaseWizard.java:2367)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard._validatePage(BaseWizard.java:3072)
                                         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard.doNext(BaseWizard.java:2152)
                                         at oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.dWizard.DWizard.doNext(DWizard.java:405)
                                         at
                                    oracle.bali.ewt.wizard.BaseWizard$Action$1.run(BaseWizard.java:3952)
                                         at
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:612)
                                         at
                                         at
                                    4)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:17
                                    8)
                                         at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1046)
                                         at
                                         at
                                    ntext.java:98)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:617)
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:615)
                                         at
                                         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:614)
                                         at
                                         at
                                    4)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java
                                    :174)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
                                         at
                                    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
                                         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)