3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 4:29 AM by T.F. RSS

offline or reservation conflict

babuk
      Hi All,

Sun Cluster with nodes and in the stand by node daily am getting the below error on.

scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /scsi_vhci/ssd@g600a0b800029bd16000007eb488b20e2 (ssd15):
      offline or reservation conflict
      i used devfsadm -C but its not working.
      Please help me to resole the issue.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: offline or reservation conflict
          T.F.
          My advice is to open a service ticket, provided you have a service contract with Oracle. More information is required to understand your specific setup, like which disk storage is being used, which Solaris and Solaris Cluster version, which fencing method and to see what specific error messages are in log files, etc.

At this point it is not clear if the node can access the LUN, but a SCSI reservation is preventing any further IO, or if the LUN is in fact not accessible at all by the node (ie does not show up in "format"). The history of events would also be of interest, ie. has this LUN ever worked before, what happened that lead to this error, etc.

With below information not much help can be provided in this forum.

Regards
          Thorsten
          • 2. Re: offline or reservation conflict
            babuk
            Hi ....

Thank you for response

i have 2 node sun cluster T5220

solaris version 10

sun cluster 3.2

scsci settings in both the nodes :

cluster show | grep -i global_fencing
            global_fencing: pathcount
            cluster show | grep -i scsi
            Type: scsi
            Access Mode: scsi2

Thanks
            • 3. Re: offline or reservation conflict
              T.F.
              It is still not clear which specific storage system is getting used that belongs to the lun where you see the warning.

You might want to take a look at https://blogs.oracle.com/js/entry/prevent_reservation_conflict_panic_if to see if this applies to your specific config.

Regards
              Thorsten