This discussion is archived
14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 7:09 AM by BluShadow RSS

How to disable one section in my profile

CKPT Guru
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Is there any option to disable Total Questions from my profile,
I try to edit in my control panel, I didnt find such option here.

Can you share with me how to disable this option from my profile? (or) If admins has only such permissions then, Please disable it.

SQL> revoke <total_questions> from ckpt; or column masking? ;-)

Thanks in Advance.
  • 1. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    bigdelboy Pro
    CKPT wrote:
    Hi,

Is there any option to disable Total Questions from my profile,
    I try to edit in my control panel, I didnt find such option here.

Can you share with me how to disable this option from my profile? (or) If admins has only such permissions then, Please disable it.

SQL> revoke <total_questions> from ckpt; or column masking? ;-)

Thanks in Advance.
    Seems a strange question to me ......

There is no dishonour is askig questions, though there may be dishonour in leaving them unresolved.

In a previous incarnation I had build up a few unresolved questions I was unabled to locate ....

... Then I discovered that by going to 'Your control panel' and then the questions 'Link' I was able to view all my unresolved questions ...

... ... And I resolved them in some form or other, even only if to say no-one has resolved it for me in a reasonable timescale.

......... But if ou truly wish to remove your previous question then you may need to re-incarnate on the forums.

Good Luck.
  • 2. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    CKPT Guru
    In early days even i haven't closed threads knowingly/unknowingly.
    But later i got realized well, so allotted some time to cleanup all those by closing as answered. :)

I think i don't need that section so I feel better if removed.
  • 3. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    CKPT wrote:

Drink coffee to feel better.

As for what you wrote on the Internet and did or did not do... live with it and hopefully learn from it?
  • 4. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    CKPT Guru
    Billy  Verreynne  wrote:
    CKPT wrote:

Drink coffee to feel better.
    Just had. thanks ;-)
    As for what you wrote on the Internet and did or did not do... live with it and hopefully learn from it?
    Yes, i learned a lot.
    So coming to my question, is it possible?
  • 5. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    John Stegeman Oracle ACE
    is it possible?
    No
  • 6. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    BillyVerreynne Oracle ACE
    CKPT wrote:
    Yes, i learned a lot.
    What I actually meant with that is it is almost impossible to undo what one has done on the Internet. Even if the source web page (assuming a vanilla web server) is deleted, copies can remain behind in web time machines and search engine caches.

So what one does on the net is kind of permanent. And that is something one has to live with and learn from. These days with social media it is even worse in that regard.
  • 7. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    CKPT Guru
    Billy  Verreynne  wrote:
    CKPT wrote:
    Yes, i learned a lot.
    What I actually meant with that is it is almost impossible to undo what one has done on the Internet. Even if the source web page (assuming a vanilla web server) is deleted, copies can remain behind in web time machines and search engine caches.

So what one does on the net is kind of permanent. And that is something one has to live with and learn from. These days with social media it is even worse in that regard.
    Billy,

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.
    I went through thread PLEASE DELETE MY POST (WHOLE THREAD)
    where there is option to edit xml code as per comments of Nicolas. So If my requested option is not available i thought its also a better option.
  • 8. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    orafad Oracle ACE
    CKPT wrote:
    where there is option to edit xml code as per comments of Nicolas. So If my requested option is not available i thought its also a better option.
    There is no "option to edit xml code". The reference made was about the content of posts, which included xml formatted text, just as:

<xml element tag>sdfljsdflkj</xml element tag>

It may be time to accept that forums is run on packaged app, and any wanted changes may be noted as feature requests for new forums software, sometime in the near or distant future.

Even if you could/was allowed to do some hacky code changes to the packaged app, there's probably no way of telling the consequences of doing so.
  • 9. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    But why to even bother about it? Just let them be there. Asking questions is not a bad thing and if one comes to know you asked a few, I don't see any harm in it or is there any?

Aman....
  • 10. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    CKPT Guru
    I have some of threads which are unresolved.
    Which are not clear for me so I have not closed until I do practice on it. I'm not getting chance too it's on RAC & others stuff which need to test on real time.

So I thought if we mask that column, so my asked questions/unanswered which cannot be viewable.

Asking questions is always good to learn, to dig more and more into that. It's day to day learning.
    Its not even harm too. That's why I have asked questions. :)

So if we lock the the threads, can we seen it all of them as answered?
  • 11. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Why not just go and mark the questions as answered ? Or if you think that there is still any room for more replies from you or others, just let the threads be available as open and later on, you can go and update them. I am not a moderator so I don't know what technically be done but I guess you shouldn't be too much concerned about it.

Aman....
  • 12. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Aman.... wrote:
    Why not just go and mark the questions as answered ? Or if you think that there is still any room for more replies from you or others, just let the threads be available as open and later on, you can go and update them. I am not a moderator so I don't know what technically be done but I guess you shouldn't be too much concerned about it.

Aman....
    What can be done is exactly what has been said. Go to the control panel for your user, click on "your questions" and then go through the "unresolved questions" to mark them as answered.
  • 13. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    CKPT Guru
    What can be done is exactly what has been said. Go to the control panel for your user, click on "your questions" and then go through the "unresolved questions" to mark them as answered.
    Yes i know it, But those are not yet resolved for me. I can close once those are clear when performed on environment when i will get chance.
    Ofcourse i can close now and i can open again. But my self not going to convince to close when those are not clear for me. When i get chance sure i will close them.

Thanks.
  • 14. Re: How to disable one section in my profile
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    CKPT wrote:
    Yes i know it, But those are not yet resolved for me. I can close once those are clear when performed on environment when i will get chance.
    Ofcourse i can close now and i can open again. But my self not going to convince to close when those are not clear for me. When i get chance sure i will close them.
    So what was the problem then? Why does it matter if you can see them in your pofile?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points