This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
rsar001 wrote:does package utilize any DB_LINK?
We're trying to compile a package and we're getting this error that we're not sure how to debug and/or tackle. Your assistance is highly appreciated.
create or replace
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
Process ID: 4252
Session ID: 1149 Serial number: 5910
The package use to compile without any issues; also we have it working in other environments. We can't see any differences at this stage.
Oracle Version:220.127.116.11 x64
OS: Windows 2008 Server R2
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sorry, the package is over 1000 lines of code, that's why I didn't post it. But to quickly answer your question, No, it doesn't.
Can you recompile other packages, procedures, functions and triggers without error?
Have you tried dropping the package and body and recreating them?
I have tried dropping the package and re-compiling it but to no avail. I can compile other packages/procedures/functions without any issues.
Also, trying to run either EXEC UTL_RECOMP.recomp_parallel(4, 'SCHEMA_NAME'); or @?/rdbms/admin/UTLRP.SQL gives the following erros:
* ERROR at line 1: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel Process ID: 7040 Session ID: 388 Serial number: 9039 ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE DOC> The following query reports the number of objects that have compiled DOC> with errors (objects that compile with errors have status set to 3 in DOC> obj$). If the number is higher than expected, please examine the error DOC> messages reported with each object (using SHOW ERRORS) to see if they DOC> point to system misconfiguration or resource constraints that must be DOC> fixed before attempting to recompile these objects. DOC># ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE DOC> The following query reports the number of errors caught during DOC> recompilation. If this number is non-zero, please query the error DOC> messages in the table UTL_RECOMP_ERRORS to see if any of these errors DOC> are due to misconfiguration or resource constraints that must be DOC> fixed before objects can compile successfully. DOC># ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE ERROR: ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
Are there any error messages or trace files in the alert log ?
I'm thinking the package body may have an invalid character somewhere
A couple of other things to try.
Drop the package and confirm that the package spec itself will compile.
We can't see any differences at this stage
Did you actually do a DIFF with code from one of the other environments? Unprintable characters can't be seen.
Here is how to confirm that you are using/compiling the same code in two environments.
1. In another environment (e.g. 'test1') where you say it works extract the source for the spec and body.
2. drop the package in 'test1'
3. compile the spec in 'test1' using the extracted code from step #1 above. confirm no errors
4. compile the body in 'test1' using the extracted code from step #1 above. confirm no errors
5. repeat steps #3 and #4 in the problem environment using the extracted code from 'test1'.
The above will confirm that exactly the same code is being used in both environments and that it compiles in 'test1' but not in the problem.
Post the results of the tests.
Actually after checking the alert log for the instance we found the following:
I checked the kktget2()+1727 error under the ORA-600/ORA-7445 Error Look-up Tool on MOS and it led us to an oracle Bug "9734300 Dump under kxtivwt->kktget2 compiling PLSQL with DML and INSTEAD OF triggers". We have to apply the fix provided to solve the issue. Moreover, after checking the patch/fix number we noticed that ths fix has been applied to the other servers/dbs, hence the other instances do compile without any issues.
Exception [type: ACCESS_VIOLATION, UNABLE_TO_READ] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0x1B38933, kktget2()+1727] Errors in file c:\oracle\admin\diag\rdbms\gesd\gesd\trace\gesd_ora_3952.trc (incident=80207): ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kktget2()+1727] [ACCESS_VIOLATION] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0x1B38933] [UNABLE_TO_READ]  Mon Feb 27 16:18:54 2012 Errors in file c:\oracle\admin\diag\rdbms\gesd\gesd\cdump\gesdcore.log ORA-07445: caught exception [ACCESS_VIOLATION] at [kktget2()+1727] [0x0000000001B38933]
Thanks everyone for your help and prompt reply.
Glad to hear you found the problem by checking the alert log.
Don't forget to give Srini credit for helping you since he is the one that told you to check the log. He may be an Oracle ACE but he likes to recognition to.
The same problem, but the solution is much simpler:
I didn't realize that a view that the package has been used invalid. :(
I was facing the same problem during compile package body
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
Commented and changed different parts of code, then found the problem. In the call to a function, I was passing a static expression for "in out" parameter. Changed it to a variable and the package got compiled!