1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 10:51 AM by Ady Keeling RSS

Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions

Hi,
      I'm facing a problem installing OFM. I tried all versions starting with Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2 and ofm_11.1.1.2.0, which should be compatible. I'm getting the same error trying to install on Vista/Windows7 32 bit OS. The error is Failed Creating Domain.

Step 1: Install Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2
      Step 2: Install OFM_11.1.1.2.0 (Forsm/Reports only) - Failed Creating Domain.

I tried the same with all other versions - getting the same error.

Please help.
      Thank you very much, Art.

Edited by: user6248369 on Feb 28, 2012 7:30 AM
        • 1. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
          vansul
          just view the install log file
          • 2. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
            Christian Erlinger
            Are you sure you chose Forms 11.1.*1*.2 (11gR1) and not 11.1.2 (11gR2)? 11gR2 would require weblogic 10.3.5. Please post the links where you downloaded weblogic and the forms installation. Also the installer log files are there for a reason, you might try and look into them (and maybe post the error you got) as already suggested.

cheers
            • 3. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
              Hi,
              Yes, I started with the lowest versions of WebLogic and OFM. Then tried newer versions 10.3.3 of both, then 10.3.5 and OFM 11gR2... and get the same error.
              Thank you.
              • 4. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                This is not really helping, but thank you.
                • 5. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                  steve newguy
                  Are you using Hotspot or JRockit ?
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                    CraigB
                    I'm getting the same error trying to install on Vista/Windows7 32 bit OS. The error is Failed Creating Domain.
                    How much memory (RAM) do you have on this computer? I've seen the Domain Creation fail on systems with 2gb RAM or less. Ideally, you should have 4gb RAM or more.

Craig...

Edited by: CraigB on Feb 28, 2012 11:23 AM
                    • 7. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                      Hi,
                      By default there were both selected, JRockit and Sun when I installed weblogic.
                      Thank you.
                      • 8. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                        Hi Craig,
                        I tried installing on several comps... The lowest RAM was 3GB, the highest was 8GB - failed on both...
                        Thank you.

Edited by: user6248369 on Feb 28, 2012 10:26 AM
                        • 9. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                          JeanYves Bernier
                          user6248369 wrote:
                          Hi,
                          I'm facing a problem installing OFM. I tried all versions starting with Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2 and ofm_11.1.1.2.0, which should be compatible. I'm getting the same error trying to install on Vista/Windows7 32 bit OS. The error is Failed Creating Domain.

Step 1: Install Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2
                          Step 2: Install OFM_11.1.1.2.0 (Forsm/Reports only) - Failed Creating Domain.

I tried the same with all other versions - getting the same error.

Please help.
                          Thank you very much, Art.

Edited by: user6248369 on Feb 28, 2012 7:30 AM
                          Hi,
                          When installing the Weblogic server did you install the node manager service, this can cause problems when configuring the domain.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/install.1111/e10421/install.htm

2.1.2.3 Stopping Node Manager Before Installing Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer (Windows Only)

If you are installing Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer on a Microsoft Windows operating system, you must make sure that the Node Manager utility that was installed with Oracle WebLogic Server is stopped before you install your Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer software:

Verify the Oracle WebLogic Server Node Manager utility is stopped. If it is running, kill the process.

Determine if the nodemanager.properties file is present in the WebLogic_Home\common\nodemanager directory.

If the nodemanager.properties file is not present, continue installing Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports and Discoverer.

If the nodemanager.properties file does exist, open it and verify that the ListenPort parameter is included and that it is set. If the ListenPort parameter is not included or set, edit the nodemanager.properties file so that it is similar to the following, where NODE_MANAGER_LISTEN_PORT represents the port the Node Manager listens on, such as 5556:

ListenPort=NODE_MANAGER_LISTEN_PORT

Regards
                          Jean-Yves
                          • 10. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                            CraigB
                            Please list the steps you followed to install WLS and FMw. There is a proper order and steps that must be followed for an installation to be successful. We need to know the steps you followed so we have an idea of what you did during process. Also, it would be helpful to know if you have viewed the install log as vansul suggested and what error was listed.

Craig...
                            • 11. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                              Hi Jean-Yves,
                              The nodemanager properties file is present and the port is set to 5556 by default at the installation of WebLogic server.
                              Thank you very much.
                              Regards, Art.
                              • 12. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                                Hi Craig,
                                The steps are install weblogic then install forms/reports. I just tried this with weblogic 10.3.5 and forms/reports 11gR2... Same error. And the log file is huuuge and does not make any sense to me. I do not see an option to attach a file. I guess I should try installing on Linux...
                                Thank you.
                                Regards, Art.
                                • 13. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                                  JeanYves Bernier
                                  Hi Art
                                  ok but the question was , did you stop the nodemanager before starting your installation?

Weblogic 10.3.5 / Forms 11gR2 (11.1.2.0.0) is quite easy to install

and you don't answer to Craig's question as well.
                                  What are the step you did ? install software only then configure it ? install for a developer machine ? Jrockit or sun Jdk or both for Weblogic etc...

Regards
                                  Jean-Yves
                                  • 14. Re: Oracle Fusion Middleware installation - all versions
                                    Christian Erlinger
                                    There is no way to attach files here; you'd need to copy and paste it here which I wouldn't advise as nobody will go through a 10k lines post ;). In my experience although the logfiles are huge and contain a lot of informations which does not make any sense often there is some useful informations in them. I'd go trough them and google some of the error message where I'd expect to get some informations back.
                                    Meanwhile you still failed to mention the exact steps and the files you took to install forms 11g. I installed forms 11gR2 several times (32bit developer, 64bit ias on windows7 and windows 2008) without any problems following the installation instructions.
                                    One thing which crosses my mind is that you took the generic weblogic jar installer, and tried to install a 32bit version of forms whereas you installed weblogic for 64bit (or vice versa) but without knowing the files you used and the steps you made this is nothing more then a guess.

cheers
                                    1 2 Previous Next