This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2013 8:53 AM by ed95a4fe-3ba2-414f-9835-f0eb187d80ff RSS

AME APEXP Workflow Issue

627205 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

In R12 I have issue in APEXP (Expenses) Workflow.

User has created expense report and the workflow has started.

It went through AME process where it has find the approver for the expense and then notification went to the approver.

After this we have a block acitivity which waits untill the approver apporves or rejects.

The problem here is though the approver says that he is approved the expense sheet , the work flow status is not moving beynod the block activity in the AME process.

AME Workflow (12345-1) shows the process is complete, the notification to the first approver is closed with an Activity of ‘Approve’.

The main workflow (12345) is blocked and waiting for the response back from the AME workflow. It appears the spawned workflow is not updating the main workflow when it completes.

Please guide me on this how to resolve.

Thanks
Kumar.
  • 1. Re: AME APEXP Workflow Issue
    901056 Newbie
    Hi Kumar/All
    I am facing the exactluy similar issue in R12 APEXP workflow.
    In my case also approver has approved the workflow but it got stuck at block activity in the main workflow.

I tried to debug the issue and found that in the AME approval workflow ,a function AME Complete Approval is called after the approver has taken the action(reject or approve).
    this function in turn calls the wf_engine.completeactivity API......the output of this API should act as the response to main workflow(block) and it should start moving but its not happening.

Declare
    result           varchar2(1);
    begin
    WF_ENGINE.CompleteActivity(itemtype => 'APEXP',itemkey => XITMKEYW ,activity => 'AME_APPROVAL_BLOCK',result => Null);
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('result is : '||result);

EXCEPTION
    WHEN OTHERS
    THEN
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('Error message : '||SQLERRM);
    end;
    I tried to run the complete activity from outside also and to my suprise i could see time stamp getting changed for the block but it still didnt proceed.

i think this may be an oracle bug with R12. Please guide.
    Regards
    Gopal
  • 2. Re: AME APEXP Workflow Issue
    752806 Newbie
    Hi All,

Any update on this issue...
    We are also facing the same issue.

Regards
    Rajesh
  • 3. Re: AME APEXP Workflow Issue
    944940 Newbie
    Hi All,
    I'm also facing the same issue with APEXP workflow.

It just stalls in AME Set Current Approver -> Block.

Please confirm if a bug has been logged with Oracle and would it be worthwhile to create an SR and follow up.

Thanks,
    Rakesh
  • 4. Re: AME APEXP Workflow Issue
    949299 Newbie
    hi,

Even we are facing the same issue in 11i APEXP workflow.

It is getting stuck in Block Mode. Please suggest if already patch is there for issue , I have already raised the Oracle SR but we are not getting any good response from the analyst.

Please suggest if any solution is there.

Thanks,
    Kavya
  • 5. Re: AME APEXP Workflow Issue
    ed95a4fe-3ba2-414f-9835-f0eb187d80ff Newbie

We are experiencing this same issue for 11i APEXP as well. We are only seeing it on occasional Expenses as well since the majority go through without a hitch.  I have not opened an SR yet, but maybe I will since this appears to be a reported issue.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points