2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 1:36 PM by 741513

Help with Validation

Hello,

I am new to DRM and am in need of some guidance. I have imported all of our hierarchies into DRM and now I want to setup a validation for the hierarchy that will be exported to planning. The hierarchy we will use is the Planning Unit and the planning units are created in this format: PU_[location] [BU] [CC] [OBU]. I'd like to setup a validation that can validate that the each of the items in the PU(location,BU,CC,OBU) exist in the hierarchies that we have within that version.

I've been trying to get my head around to see if this is possible within DRM but I think I don't understand DRM well enough to come up with a solution to this. Any guidance or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: Help with Validation
          Murali Pasumarti
          If I understand your requirement correctly, you need to do as below,
          Create a Property which will check out for each segment value and set it to True based on the condition which you put,
          IF NODE EXIST and NODE IN HIER THE TRUE ELSE FALSE,

While exporting the PU_ Hiearchy you need to put in a filter in the export where all of your correponding segment associated property set to TRUE,
          Please let me know if you see any issues,

Thanks,
          Murali
          • 2. Re: Help with Validation
            Hi Murali,

I did find a solution to this a few weeks ago. I created properties for each and used the NodeInHier function. I appreciate the feedback.