This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2013 2:55 AM by Steven Davelaar RSS

next release of Jheadstart

adf009 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
hi does anyone know when is the next realease of Jheadstart for jedeveloper 11g realese 2
  • 1. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Steven Davelaar Employee ACE
    The current plan is that in january 2012, two new releases will become available:

- JHeadstart 11.1.1.4 which will work with JDeveloper 11.1.1.4, 11.1.1.5 and 11.1.1.6 (will become available soon)

- JHeadstart 11.1.2 which will work with JDeveloper 1.1.2.x

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.
  • 2. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Stephen J. Journeyer
    any updates on release dates?

Thanks for such a fantastic tool!
  • 3. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    We are almost done, both releases should become available by the end of this month.

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart Team.
  • 4. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    jan Newbie
    xCuses for asking over and over again ... upfront.
    We are currently rebuilding a v10 JHS app in 11.1.1.4 because of unresolved migration problems.
    We are closely monitoring when these new releases become available and will probably need to do a migration track to the latest version before going to production with this new version.
    Is there some location where we can find the planned release dates and the probability of those dates? Is end of February effectively the release date? We are basing our planning on this info to see where we will get ...
    Thanks in advance,
    Jan.
  • 5. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Jheadstart 11.1.1.4 is now available:

https://blogs.oracle.com/jheadstart/entry/oracle_jheadstart_11_1_1

Steven Davelaar,
    Jheadstart team.
  • 6. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    jan Newbie
    Thanks Steven,
    I saw it already yesterday and did a version list of the new stack to be used ;-)
    As we have a mixed environment with forms/reports and JHeadstart will had already decided to install on the middleware two different middleware homes to be able to cope with changing versions (forms is now on 11.1.2 but with a wls of 10.3.5). We will move the JHS environment up from an 11.1.1.4 (FMW) with 11.1.1.3 JHS to 11.1.1.6 with WLS 10.3.6 and the JHS versions 11.1.1.4. If possible we would have liked to move on to 11.1.2.x but I guess this version of JHS is not yet ready ... (we move to production mid may)
    Thanks for the good work!,
    Jan.
  • 7. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Jan,

We plan to release JHeadstart 11.1.2 this month (march 2012).

Steven Davelaar,
    Jheadstart Team.
  • 8. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    BradW Newbie
    Is this still slated to be released this Month? Just trying to line up tools for an upcoming project! :)
  • 9. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Yes, although it might slip one week to first week of April.

Steven Davelaar,
    Jheadstart Team.
  • 10. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    adf009 Explorer
    where can i get JHeadstart evaluation version am using jdeveloper 11g release 2 and how do i install it
  • 11. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    Both the production versiuon and evaluation version of JHeadstart 11.1.2 are expected this month.

Steven Davelaar,
    Jheadstart Team.
  • 12. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    BradW Newbie
    Anxiously waiting. :) We are starting a new ADF project and are debating between 11.1.2 and 11.1.1. Your thoughts? Is it worth the wait?
  • 13. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    JHeadstart 11g R2 is available as of today. The evaluation version will become available later this month.

So, the decision whether or not to use JDeveloper 11.1.2 or 11.1.1 is no longer dependent on JHeadstart, but is not easy.

Here are my personal thoughts which do not necessarily reflect the views of Oracle:
    On the ADF EMG mailing list there have been complaints about the stability of JDeveloper 11.1.2, and personally I ran into quite a few new bugs in the ADF runtime.
    I consider JDeveloper 11.1.2 as an "intermediate" release, primarily made available to provide JSF 2.0 support, although there are some nice new features like hot reloading.
    Oracle fusion applications is not using (nor testing!) this release, nor is there a corresponding release of SOA suite, which means many customers whoi have a dependency on SOA suite are staying on JDeveloper 11.1.1.x for now.
    JDeveloper 12c will be the next "big" release that will be adopted by fusion apps and will have corresponding SOA Suite release.

Here is a list of ADF runtime bugs we included in the JHeadstart 11.1.2 release notes (not a complete list, selected based on likelihood you will encounter them in JHeadstart-generated apps):

12813544 - ADF-CONFIG SETTING CHANGEEVENTPOLICY=PPR CAUSES PREMATURE TABLE ROW VALIDATION: This bug causes JHeadstart-generated applications to behave incorrectly when the default ChangeEventPolicy in adf-config is set to 'ppr'. See this blog post for more information: https://blogs.oracle.com/jheadstart/entry/jdev_11_1_2_differences
    To work around this bug, JHeadstart will change the value of the change event policy to 'none' when generating the application.
    12813544 - DATE FIELD IN ADF TABLE THROWS NUMBER FORMAT EXCEPTION
    13928249 - AUTO REFRESH VO THROWS AN ERROR WHEN SQL HAS 'ORDER BY'
    13920362 - JBO.LOCKING.MODE=OPTIMISTIC IGNORED FOR TASK FLOW TRANSACTIONS
    13919247 - UNNECESSARY LOV VALIDATION: This bug causes message " For input string: " to show up on non mandatory fields in a Form. Work around is to Uncheck the check box Include "No selection" item in the UI Hints for the lov configuration for the LOV attribute of the View object, and use unselectedLabel attribute to specify the 'No selection' label.
    13879690 - MISALIGNED COLUMNS IN AF:TABLE
    13843465 - ALWAYS BEGIN NEW TRANSACTION INCONSISTENTLY APPLIED IN UTF2BTF SCENARIO
    13830250 - NPE:SELECT VALUE IN SELECTMANYCHOICE WITH VALUEPASSTHRU = TRUE
    13811179 - SETPROPERTYLISTENER NOT CALLED WHEN SELECONECHOICE VALUE CHANGES
    13799144 - AUTO-SUBMIT ON ADF BOUND SELECT MANY CHECKBOX CAUSES NPE
    13788911 - 'SYNCHRONIZE WITH DATABASE' DISABLED WITH JAVA TYPE MAP
    13724785 - AF:TABLE SCROLLBAR THUMB GOES BACK THE THE FIRST ROW: This happens when underlying View Object is configured to use range paging.
    13724734 - AF:TABLE DOES NOT DISPLAY SCROLL BARS IN FIREFOX 9 & 10
    13708103 - CANNOT SELECT A VALUE FROM INPUTCOMBOBOXLISTOFVALUES INSIDE AN ADF TABLE: This happens when table has editingMode set to 'clickToEdit'.
    13639590 - NOTCONNECTEDEXCEPTION RENDERING AF:QUERY AFTER ADD TWO LOV-BASED FIELD TO VC
    13623811 - CUSTOM EXCEPTION HANDLING NOT INVOKED BY ACTIONLISTENER IN FACELET PAGE
    13606477 - SELECTBOOLEANRADIO HAS UNPREDICTABLE PPR BEHAVIOR
    13397220 - CURSOR LOOSES FOCUS AFTER PRESSING IN TABLE WITH AUTOSUBMIT=TRUE This happens when change event policy is set to 'ppr' in adf-config.xml.
    13325963 - QBE IN TABLE WITH PICKLIST DOESN'T WORK AS EXPECTED
    13060631 - NPE ON AF:QUERY COMPONENT WITH SHARED APPLICATION MODULE
    12908218 - FOR FACELET PG, VALUE SET IN SETPROPERTYLISTENER NOT AVAILABLE IN BACKING BEAN
    12912674 - JAVA.UTIL.NOSUCHELEMENTEXCEPTION WHEN CLICK FIND IN SEARCH FORM

Steven Davelaar,
    JHeadstart team.
  • 14. Re: next release of Jheadstart
    BradW Newbie
    Thanks Steven. Will there be a JHeadstart 12c version aligning with the 12c release of JDeveloper? Do you have a rough idea of when 12c JDev is scheduled and then how far behind the corresponding JHeadstart will be?

I've had a chance to play with 11.1.1.3 JHeadstart and I think it is truly benefitial for new ADF project teams. So, I will be recommending this moving forward, I just need to understand the product life cycle a bit more as we will be starting to do development in the near future.

Thanks,

BradW
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points