6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 10:09 AM by Badal RSS

    Reporting Error while Restart to apply Recent Changes in OBIEE 11g in EM

    GTA
      Hi Friends,

      I tried to open my rpd in online mode in OBIEE 11g, For that i went into EM for getting my rpd updated...

      So after all doing changes, I need to restart for applying changes, so I restarted the system components

      But only 80% of it started, remaining 20% is showing error and these are the error details


      "Restart failed with 2 errors: problems reported by coreapplication_obis1, coreapplication
      see detailed logs for more information"..

      The above is the error message that i got..

      The below are the log messages that reported error

      Message type: Error
      Message ID : -
      Message : SEVERE:Element type:BI_instance,element_id:coreapplication,operation result:failed_to_start, detail Message-Error in starting one or more components of Bi instance; please check the server log files for detailed information..
      Target : biadmin services(11.1.1)(Admin server)
      Target type : application deployment
      Log files : Admin server_diagnostic.log

      Message type: Error
      Message ID : -
      Message : SEVERE:element type:process, element Id: coreapplication_obis1, operation result: failed_to_start, detail message- operation failed: start; oracle instance: instance4; component; coreapplication_obis1;msg: 0 of 1 processes started..
      Target : biadmin services(11.1.1)(Admin server)
      Target type : application deployment
      Log files : Admin server_diagnostic.log

      Message type : Error
      Message ID : EM-02694
      Message : Supplementary information regarding operation: BI_instance:coreapplication; failed_to_start; error in starting one or more components of BI instance; please check server log files for detailed information..
      Target : em(Admin server)
      Target type : application deployment
      Log files : emoms.log

      Message type : Error
      Message ID : EM-02694
      Message : Supplementary information regarding operation: PROCESS:coreapplication_obis1; failed_to_start; operation failed: start; oracle instance:instance4;component:coreapplication_obis1;msg 0 of 1 processes started..
      Target : em(Admin server)
      Target type : application deployment
      Log files : emoms.log


      how to solve these errors, because of this i couldn't able to open my repository in online mode as well as cannot able to update my .rpd file in presentation services in obiee 11g..

      I couldn't able to understand the error that is pointing to me....

      Help me friends..........


      Regards,
      Harry...