2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2012 4:55 PM by Vivekvp RSS

Help Files?

Vivekvp
      Hello,

I am trying to get more people aware of our portal and it's abilities.

The Help Files are OK - but no one reads them. The Oracle site does not really explain Web Center Interaction very well for end users

Has anyone developed any method of informing people how and what a portal is for - and breaks it down for non technical people?

Thanks,

V
        • 1. Re: Help Files?
          geoff garcia
          Hello!
          I do semi regular training with our end users and have developed training material to help step them through the basics of navigation, search, collaboration, etc.
          I'd be happy to provide this material to you although it is specific to our environment it might be a good starting point. I've found that explaining what a portal is seems to confuse people so we've made conscious efforts to remove any mention of portal within our site, in the end they just want to know where to get information so that is what we focus on.

Vivekvp wrote:
          Hello,

I am trying to get more people aware of our portal and it's abilities.

The Help Files are OK - but no one reads them. The Oracle site does not really explain Web Center Interaction very well for end users

Has anyone developed any method of informing people how and what a portal is for - and breaks it down for non technical people?

Thanks,

V
          • 2. Re: Help Files?
            Vivekvp
            Hi Geoff,

That would be awesome - I could tailor it to our environment.

Unfortunately, our site is very static, and most functionality lays unused, mostly due to lack of explanation.

Thanks!