1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 5:36 AM by RRA Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
        RRA
        Before running Autoconfig, I think my machine is too slow in starting all required Apps services.

This time after starting machine I waited 5-8 mins for opening Login page.

Without any error, started smoothly.

At this time, I checked running services related to apps.

Can you ensure that all required services are up in uploaded file - http://www.mediafire.com/?u9994w1d93114y3 ?

I will monitor few days & if this the case, no need to run AutoConfig I think.

In addition, need some input about how to avoid any problem in running Apps R12 while connected to internet. This issue is also waiting.

Your suggestion is needed.
        • 16. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
          Helios-GunesEROL
          Hi;

Please Submit any standard concurrent request (i.e. Active Users or Active Responsibilities). If its done wihtout issue than I belive there is no issue.

PS: I can not check your link from job

Regard
          Helios
          • 17. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Can you ensure that all required services are up in uploaded file - http://www.mediafire.com/?u9994w1d93114y3 ?

I will monitor few days & if this the case, no need to run AutoConfig I think.
            This is correct and I see that all the services are started. However, please issue "adopmnctl.cmd status" command to verify.
            In addition, need some input about how to avoid any problem in running Apps R12 while connected to internet. This issue is also waiting.
            Use a static IP Address with proper entry in the hosts file and DNS Suffix -- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Installation Steps on Windows XP

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 18. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
              RRA
              Well, what about localhost IP Address, 127.0.0.1 ?

I added in host file already - 127.0.0.1 <hostname>.<domianname>.com.

But since, not sure, did not try with internet. Should it work or change to other static IP?

Regards.
              • 19. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Well, what about localhost IP Address, 127.0.0.1 ?
                Leave it in the hosts file and add a new entry for the static IP Address.
                I added in host file already - 127.0.0.1 <hostname>.<domianname>.com.

But since, not sure, did not try with internet. Should it work or change to other static IP?
                This is not correct, your hosts file should look like:

127.0.0.1 localhost
                <IP Address> <hostname>.<domianname> <hostname>

To change the IP Address, please see https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=IP+AND+Address+AND+R12&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                  RRA
                  The IP address you are asking to assign should be same, which DHCP server assigns to machine while connecting to internet ?

I am primarily going to connect wireless internet. I dont have Admin rights where I can reserve a specific IP for me.

If the IP is from DHCP, then it is possible every time on connecting, a new IP is assigned for me.

So, if I put static IP in TCP/IP Properties of wireless adapter, its not going to match with DHCP IP & if I right, Internet will not work.

What do you suggest?
                  • 21. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    The IP address you are asking to assign should be same, which DHCP server assigns to machine while connecting to internet ?

I am primarily going to connect wireless internet. I dont have Admin rights where I can reserve a specific IP for me.

If the IP is from DHCP, then it is possible every time on connecting, a new IP is assigned for me.

So, if I put static IP in TCP/IP Properties of wireless adapter, its not going to match with DHCP IP & if I right, Internet will not work.

What do you suggest?
                    You need to have a static IP Address as you might have issues with the DHCP one.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 22. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                      RRA
                      So, if I put static, how the internet will work since DHCP will assign different IP other than static ?

Is there any other way to run Apps without disturbing IP Address, while connected to internet ?

Regards.
                      • 23. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        user78995 wrote:
                        So, if I put static, how the internet will work since DHCP will assign different IP other than static ?

Is there any other way to run Apps without disturbing IP Address, while connected to internet ?
                        I am not sure how your internet works.

If you want to use DHCP to connect to the internet and use this with EBS, then you will have to follow the same steps to clean FND_NODES and run AutoConfig each time your EBS instance get a new DHCP IP Address.

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        • 24. Re: EBS R12.1.1 Install Fails in Step 3 of 5.
                          RRA
                          OK, Its been long discussion. I am going to close this thread & would open new if problem not solves.

Now, I will use DHCP IP in hosts file what I had did for Oracle database individually sometime back.

On the basis, my DHCP IP is same mostly while connected to internet.

Thank you.
                          1 2 Previous Next