7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 11:43 AM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN

Am so upset with pearsonvue now, my desire to be an OCP before March 30th is been thwated now, the exam has failed to twice now, it takes me upto the welcome page and gets stuck, the first time it failed, support took a week to respond, am under a tight deadline from work and this i frustating.
      Samuel
        • 1. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
          bigdelboy
          918838 wrote:
          Am so upset with pearsonvue now, my desire to be an OCP before March 30th is been thwated now, the exam has failed to twice now, it takes me upto the welcome page and gets stuck, the first time it failed, support took a week to respond, am under a tight deadline from work and this i frustating.
          Samuel
          I assume this has happened at the same test center.

What is the incident number you riased with Pearson VUE for the first and second occasions ?

You probably have a right to escalate this with Pearson VUE and request an explanation.

.... You proably don't believe it, but they are usually relatively good at following things up, but delivery problems are not unkown from time to time ....

and I assume you have raised followed up incidents direct with Pearson VUE and not left it totally to the test center.

... If not see:: http://www.pearsonvue.com/Oracle/contact/

Having the incident numbers is a key item.

.... You may also wish to check if there is an alternative test centre in your area .....
          • 2. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
            Hi, I dont know the incident number. my only concern with writting else where is i will have to pay test center fees again i think.
            • 3. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
              bigdelboy
              918838 wrote:
              Hi, I dont know the incident number. my only concern with writting else where is i will have to pay test center fees again i think.
              Well I strongly advise contacting Pearson VUE and getting an incident number.

... If a sysadmin cannot contact a helpdesk and get a incident number and escalate a problem for themselves then I am not sure they should be a sysadmin.

... If you cannot do this perhaps you deserve to pay again.

...... Apologies if I sound unsympathetic.

I have seen several cases (but perhaps remarkedly few overall in relation to the number of exams taken), whether talking correctly with Pearson VUE and especially keeping track of their incident numbers has helped the candidate immensely.

.... Still ... do as you think fit.
              • 4. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
                Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                I am sorry that you're running into this trouble. However, Bigdelboy's response above is the only response I can give as well. You should contact Pearson VUE, get an incident number, explain that this is the 2nd time this has happened and that you are under a deadline and ask for the issue to be escalated. Perhaps there is another test center you can go to.

If you have your incident number, I could also check on our side, with out account manager at Pearson VUE. Please don't provide your testing ID or any other sensitive personal information, an indicent number is sufficient.

If the delay was no fault of your own, you will not be required to pay the test center fees again.

Regards,
                Brandye Barrington
                Certification Forum Moderator
                • 5. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
                  Hi EveryOne,
                  I am also facing the same problem.I have applied for ADF Certification on the day of exam when I have reached the center I came to know that my exam has been cancel. And incident have been raise by center.I am following up with pearson from last 2 week they are just giving exceuses ,that your incident is in progress.

I want to say just one thing, If u cannot reschedule an exam, then it is better you should refund the money.

Edited by: user13421530 on Apr 8, 2012 10:55 PM
                  • 6. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
                    bigdelboy
                    user13421530 wrote:
                    Hi EveryOne,
                    Hello
                    I am also facing the same problem.
                    As I read this would MAY be facing a similar problem, but not necessarily the SAME problem. The root cause may well be different.
                    I have applied for ADF Certification on the day of exam when I have reached the center I came to know that my exam has been cancel.
                    Extremely frustrasting, annoying and potentially travel costs and loss of a days pay.
                    And incident have been raise by center.
                    Good.
                    I am following up with pearson from last 2 week they are just giving exceuses ,that your incident is in progress.
                    If Pearson VUE has an issue with this test centre thy may have no option but to say 'in progress'.

If the incident number arose from the test center, and is not you incident number, then it is harder for you to escalate it.

( Best practice is your own inicident number linked to test centers incident number).

However I hope Pearson would be giving some information as to the nature of the problem.

>
                    I want to say just one thing, If u cannot reschedule an exam, then it is better you should refund the money.
                    Well I cannot reschedule your exam, and I certainly am not going to refund your money as I dont have it.

... I guess it depends who you have paid:

....... If it is Pearson VUE there should be no problem getting a refund.

....... If you have paid the test center directly then it is possibly a little different as your refund MAY have to come from the test center.

....... Do you have an alternative test center nearby? Sometimes you are lucky in this, in other locations it may be more of a problem.

>
                    Edited by: user13421530 on Apr 8, 2012 10:55 PM
                    Sorry if I don't seem too helpful. And a test delivery failure is a real pain, and delivery failures do happen.

.... As you latched onto this thread and not openned your own i suggest you read earlier responses carefully ...

.... Also note the original poster seems to have ceased correspondence so I assume they were successfully resolved.
                    • 7. Re: SOLARIS SYSTEM ADMIN 1ZO-877 EXAM FAILS TO LOAD AGAIN
                      Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                      I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I think that since you have been waiting for quite some time, it is appropriate for you to ask for your issue to be escalated immediately. Please let us know if you do not get this issue sorted out right away. Feel free to provide your incident # and we can also follow up with Pearson.

Regards,
                      Brandye Barrington
                      Certification Forum Moderator