0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 8:03 PM by esper RSS

503 Service Unavailable - Cannot connect to EM to create a new user

I'm attempting to configure my local Oracle 11g database in order to create a Content Server user in order to setup a Fatwire installation. I'm getting some strange issues with my database that I was hoping maybe someone could help me out with.

The guide I'm following starts with this:

1. Determine the Console Server port:
      a. Open the emoms.properties file in a text editor. The file is located in:
      b. Find the line,
      and make a record of the port number value at the end of the line.

When I open the emoms.properties file in Notepad++, I'm unable to read the contents - it's all symbols/jibberish.

The next step says this:

2. Log in to the Oracle Enterprise Manager console:
      a. Execute the following command: emctl status dbconsole
      When I execute that command I get the following error:
      Environment variable ORACLE_UNQNAME not defined. Please set ORACLE_UNQNAME to database unique name.
      The third step says this:

Open a browser and go to the URL highlighted in bold in step a above. If you see
      a “Security Mismatch” error, ignore it (the error appears if you are using a selfsigned

I skipped to this step because I'm assuming the link it wants me to go to is my EM console (https://localhost:1158/em/console/aboutApplication), however when I browse to that URL I get the following error:

503 Service Unavailable

Service is not initialized correctly. Verify that the repository connection information provided is correct.

Clearly, something isn't right here. What's going on? Any help would be appreciated.