This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 14, 2012 10:20 AM by lrp1 RSS

Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Oracle/Sun  Ops Center on same box?

lrp1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello, tech community -- we have an environment where we need to stick Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) into our management infrastructure. This is a small deployment, so we would be initially looking at putting the OMS and Repository (DB) on the same box. Based on the [Oracle 12c doc's requirements|http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/install.1111/e22624/preinstall_req_hw.htm], that would be:
- 2 CPU cores
- 6GB of RAM (OMS=4GB, Repo=4GB, I averaged it to 6GB)
- 60GB (OMS=10GB, Repo=50GB) -- To be safe, I'd up it to 128GB or 256GB

We already have a (recently upgraded) server holding Oracle (formerly Sun)'s Enterprise Manager Ops Center. So the question: Is it possible to run an  Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) console & repository and Oracle/Sun Ops Center on same box? Anybody have experience in this regard?
  • 1. Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Oracle/Sun  Ops Center on same box?
    lrp1 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I thought I'd update the thread with progress/discussion, but was hoping for more community input.
    We're aiming to put OEM within it's own zone inside the main box housing Ops Centre, for containment and segregation.

I asked for 12GB of RAM -- is this OK for a repository, OMS and a management agent all on the same zone? Recall that it's a small deployment.

Also, wondering how much hard drive space should we budget for when we're only collecting for about a 20 databases/hosts/listeners, with data retention for about a year.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points