4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 11:06 PM by 997942 RSS

Developing custom flat file identity connector

jtellier
      Hi,

I've got the feeling that I'm missing something really obvious, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

Basically, I'm trying to learn how to write custom identity connector, so I'm following the tutorial that can be found there:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e14309/icftutorial.htm

My problem is that the sample code uses 2 classes but never defines them. These classes are "org.identityconnectors.flatfile.FlatFileUserAccount" and "org.identityconnectors.flatfile.utils.AccountConversionHandler". I've tried searching around for the implementations, but could not find them anywhere.

Am I missing something? Why are those classes used but never defined?

Thanks,
      jtellier
        • 1. Re: Developing custom flat file identity connector
          BikashBagaria
          You can have a look at http://java.net/projects/identityconnectors and https://wikis.oracle.com/display/IdentityConnectors/Home . It might help.

-Bikash
          • 2. Re: Developing custom flat file identity connector
            Nishith Nayan
            Download any OOTB Trusted recon connector ie. like ORCL_EBS_ER_9.1.0.7.0 and explore it. This will give you the better understanding.

Only change here... It will read from DB instead of Flat file.Use noraml java file handling method or CsvReader utility for reading from flat file.

While developing connector more focus should be on flexibility and that can provide using configuration lookup .

While developing Flat file connector, you can consider below

1. Lookup for column name

2. Lookup for order- column order in flat file( this will provide you flexibility to have file's column in any order. and that will be control by this lookup

3. Lookup for column validation- you can provide colum_name and type of data. So the user will configure what are the columns required validation

--nayan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            • 3. Re: Developing custom flat file identity connector
              jtellier
              OK, I guess I'll have to read code other than what is shown in the official doc then...

Thanks,
              --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
              • 4. Re: Developing custom flat file identity connector
                Hi,

I am new to OIM and I am facing the same problem. Did you find any solution to that? I am unable to write code for FlatFileUserAccount and AccountConversionHandler.
                Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
                Akshay.