8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 8:18 AM by Tulip Antar -Oracle RSS

Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails

Tulip Antar -Oracle
      Hi,

I'm trying to install PSEM plug-in version 8.52 for OEM Grid control 11gR1 on my Linux VMWare, 32 bit ver 2.6.18-53.el5PAE.
      OEM Grid control is installed successfully and I can access the console page without issues, but the plug-in always gives the following error:

/*******************************************************************************/
      can't find resource for bundle java.util.propertyresourcebundle, key SqlException_desc
      /*******************************************************************************/

Although the installer can continue despite this error, it doesn't install the plug-in because I can't see "PeopleSoft" in the OEM Grid Control targets tab. Also, when I try to uninstall the plug-in, per advised in PeopleBooks, i.e. when I run @PSEMDROPALL.sql against both users (SYS and SYSMAN), I see messages that say table doesn't exist.

Has anyone encountered this before?
      All ideas to troubleshoot this are welcome.

Thank you.
      Tulip
        • 1. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
          Nicolas.Gasparotto
          Hi,

I did not installed Peoplesoft plugin 8.52 on 11gR1 but Peoplesoft plugin 8.51. Not sure about the differences, but you could have a read on my blog entry and report back what you've done and what is actually raising the error :
          http://gasparotto.blogspot.com/2011/04/manage-peoplesoft-with-oem-grid-control.html

Nicolas.
          • 2. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
            Tulip Antar -Oracle
            Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I am very much aware of your great blog entry and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting it. It's just that I don't find PSEM plug-in version 8.51 on edelivery for Linux x86 32-bit to install it, that's why I used version 8.52. Maybe I missing something on edelivery ... Can you point me to where PSEM plug-in version 8.51 for Linux x86 32-bit exists and I can try that instead ? This is the link I use and I don't see version 8.51:

https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form?egroup_aru_number=14217144

FYI, the error gets raised immediately after I supply the host name for the grid control, SYS password , port 1521 and then click next :( . The installation continues after that but doesn't install the plug-in.

Quick question since you are here :) : in PeopleBooks they say to uninstall the PSEM plug-in, run the script @PSEMDROPALL.sql , but they didn't mention which user to run against (I should know but unfortunately I don't), whom should I run this script against SYS or SYSMAN ?

Regards.
            Tulip
            • 3. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
              Nicolas.Gasparotto
              Tulip,

There's no more PS plugin 8.51 available on edelivery... my blog entry did take 8.51 because at that time when I wrote it, there was no 8.52...
              Coming back on your error :
              the error gets raised immediately after I supply the host name for the grid control, SYS password , port 1521 and then click next
              Please, be sure you did not stop Weblogic, but only the OMS with command line "emctl stop oms" and not with "emctl stop oms -all"
              when I run @PSEMDROPALL.sql against both users (SYS and SYSMAN), I see messages that say table doesn't exist.
              Looks like you cannot uninstall something which has not been installed.

Nicolas.
              • 4. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
                Tulip Antar -Oracle
                Yep Nicolas, true :)

Thank you for confirming version 8.51 no longer exists.

I didn't shutdown Weblogic, I used "emctl stop oms" only. And, true again, I can not uninstall what has not been installed.

My last question was, in general terms, this script called @PSEMDROPALL.sql , whom should it be run against ? SYS or SYSMAN.

I was just curious where are the tables of the PSEM plug-in installed under.

Thank you once again for looking into this. Appreciate it.

Regards.
                Tulip
                • 5. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
                  Nicolas.Gasparotto
                  Tulip,

Your error has exactly been described in a note you should read : #1279834.1. Please, double check the Weblogic is up and running (with command ps for instance).
                  And check if any logs have been created under $OMS_HOME/cfgtoollogs
                  Lastly, I would uninstall Plugin using SYS (actually the only user/pwd given during the install), but not 100% sure - as you've seen in the doc, it's not explained.

Nicolas.
                  • 6. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
                    Tulip Antar -Oracle
                    Thank you Nicolas.

Will see :) .

Tulip
                    • 7. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
                      Tulip Antar -Oracle
                      Hi,

I finally managed to know the cause of the issue, but couldn't solve it :( I reviewed the logs created under $OMS_HOME/cfgtoollogs, and found errors pointing to not being able to resolve the hostname, and that is why the installation of the PSEM plug-in is not successful. I didn't install the OMS so I don't know what my colleague has chosen.

1. Does anyone know to get that info from the grid control database? so I can use it when the PSEM plug-in installation asks me for the hostname?
                      2. I have the following in my /etc/hosts looks like below, what could be wrong with it? Note that we use DHCP:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localhost localhost
                      10.171.143.190 abc.domian.com abc

Regards.
                      Tulip
                      • 8. Re: Installing PSEM plug-in for OEM fails
                        Tulip Antar -Oracle
                        Hi,

I fixed it and successfully installed the PSEM plug-in. There were two issues: the host name and the also the database listener was not running.

Regards.
                        Tulip