1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 5:30 AM by karthiksingh_india Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
        karthiksingh_india
        Ok sure STEVE am gonna use this thread Lots of sorry..

and now am having only one LISTENER THE DEFAULT one...
        • 31. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
          karthiksingh_india
          Steve am waiting for your reply and now what should I do

Its COB all are going..

Karthik..

sorry STEVE i gotta go.. I ll come earlier 2morrow..bye Take care..

Edited by: karthiksingh_india on Mar 13, 2012 8:31 AM
          • 32. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
            EdStevens
            karthiksingh_india wrote:
            Steve am waiting for your reply and now what should I do
            Now what you should do is remember what I said earlier about this forum being a bunch of volunteers. The only reason you are getting fairly quick replies from me is because I just happen to be at home today and have more time to spend on this board. That could change in a heartbeat.
            Its COB all are going..

Karthik..

sorry STEVE i gotta go.. I ll come earlier 2morrow..bye Take care..
            Your "earlier tomorrow (please don't use IM-speak) will most likely be while I'm sound asleep. Post when you can, but DO NOT expect quick reply and do not post a follow up that provides nothing more than a desperate plea for a quick response.
            Edited by: karthiksingh_india on Mar 13, 2012 8:31 AM
            - Show (copy and paste, with the code tags) your listener.ora file

- Confirm with your windows services applet that you only have a single listener process and that Windows reports it has been started. Tell us the exact name of all Oracle services, as reported by the services control applet.

- Show (copy and paste, both the command and results for 'lsnrctl status'.

I will try to help, one diagnostic step at a time. I will not try to hit a moving target and I will not try to solve multiple issues at once.
            • 33. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
              karthiksingh_india
              Nice Morning Steve,

Ok steve I got you.. Sorry for seeking a quick reply because am a newbie to the Business.. Dont worry I ll change and work according to the Professionals...

My listener.ora*

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\SKS\product\11.1.0\db_1\\network\admin\listener.ora
              # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
              (SID_LIST =
              (SID_DESC =
              (GLOBAL_DBNAME = VESS)
              (SID_NAME = VESS)
              (ORACLE_HOME = /app/SKS/product/11.1.0/db_1)
              )
              )

LISTENER =
              (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
              (DESCRIPTION =
              (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
              )
              )

MYORACLESERVICES_*

OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener --- Service status STARTED
              OracleServiceVESS  --- Service status STARTED
              OracleJobSchedulerVESS  ---  Service status STARTED

OracleOraDb11g_home1ConfigurationManager  ---  Service status STOPPED --- If I manually starts this service then it shows an message that some services stopped
              automatically.

MY LISTENER STATUS*

C:\Documents and Settings\SKS>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 14-MAR-2012 10:22:27

Copyright (c) 1991, 2008, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
              STATUS of the LISTENER
              ------------------------
              Alias LISTENER
              Version TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production
              Start Date 14-MAR-2012 09:47:09
              Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 35 min. 19 sec
              Trace Level off
              Security ON: Local OS Authentication
              SNMP OFF
              Listener Parameter File C:\app\SKS\product\11.1.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
              Listener Log File c:\app\sks\diag\tnslsnr\computer\listener\alert\log.xml
              Listening Endpoints Summary...
              (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
              Services Summary...
              Service "VESS" has 1 instance(s).
              Instance "VESS", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
              The command completed successfully

C:\Documents and Settings\SKS>

Please help

Thanks in Advance
              Karthik..
              • 34. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
                EdStevens
                karthiksingh_india wrote:
                Nice Morning Steve,

Ok steve I got you.. Sorry for seeking a quick reply because am a newbie to the Business.. Dont worry I ll change and work according to the Professionals...

My listener.ora*

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app\SKS\product\11.1.0\db_1\\network\admin\listener.ora
                # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
                (SID_LIST =
                (SID_DESC =
                (GLOBAL_DBNAME = VESS)
                (SID_NAME = VESS)
                (ORACLE_HOME = /app/SKS/product/11.1.0/db_1)
                )
                )

LISTENER =
                (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
                (DESCRIPTION =
                (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
                )
                )

MYORACLESERVICES_*

OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener --- Service status STARTED
                OracleServiceVESS  --- Service status STARTED
                OracleJobSchedulerVESS  ---  Service status STARTED

OracleOraDb11g_home1ConfigurationManager  ---  Service status STOPPED --- If I manually starts this service then it shows an message that some services stopped
                automatically.

MY LISTENER STATUS*

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 14-MAR-2012 10:22:27

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
                STATUS of the LISTENER
                ------------------------
                Alias LISTENER
                Start Date 14-MAR-2012 09:47:09
                Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 35 min. 19 sec
                Trace Level off
                SNMP OFF
                Listener Parameter File C:\app\SKS\product\11.1.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
                (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))
                Services Summary...
                Service "VESS" has 1 instance(s).
                Instance "VESS", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Please help

Thanks in Advance
                Karthik..
                OK, it appears you have pretty much cleaned up your listener mess. You have one good clean listener. It is starting, and it is listening for service VESS. According to your list of oracle services, you have a database instance service for VESS. Your listener is listening on IP 127.0.0.1, which I don't particularly like. That address is non-routable, the listener will never receive a request from any other machine. It appears you did not pay attention to the installation instructions regarding installation of the loopback adapter, but I think we can work around that.

Next step.

At the commond prompt, enter the following:
                set | sort
                sqlplus / as sysdba
                Enter those commands exactly as I show (copy and paste is your friend).
                Copy the entire session (commands as well as full responses) and paste to your next post.
                • 35. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
                  karthiksingh_india
                  Good morning Steve,

Sorry to say that I have completely uninstalled my 11g DB and deleted every thing even from regedit.. because my HR not allowing more than 3days to work on the same issue..

and now I have re-installed the whole component.. now its working fine and my status of listener and host are doing well..

MY LISTENER STATUS*

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production on 15-MAR-2012 11:59:31

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=computer)(PORT=1521)))
                  STATUS of the LISTENER
                  ------------------------
                  Alias LISTENER
                  Start Date 15-MAR-2012 11:13:25
                  Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 46 min. 6 sec
                  Trace Level off
                  SNMP OFF
                  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=computer)(PORT=1521)))
                  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1521ipc)))
                  Services Summary...
                  Service "vess" has 1 instance(s).
                  Instance "vess", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
                  Service "vessXDB" has 1 instance(s).
                  Service "vess_XPT" has 1 instance(s).

MY LISTENER.ORA*

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = computer)(PORT = 1521)) -------------- as my host name is COMPUTER
                  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))

But now another issue came from installation itself..while configuring it says

SOME OF YOUR CONFIGURATIONS ASSISTANTS HAS FAILED and states OUI:25031

I dont know where this will reflect because currently everything working fine it seems..

AND I THANK EVERYONE A LOT TO HELPING FOR ME EVEN IN YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
                  KARTHIK SINGH..
                  • 36. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
                    Aman....
                    HOST=computer
                    Its good that things are working but I am not sure that they would remain the same. Are you sure that this that "computer" is your host name? And I asked somewhere above that do you have DHCP enabled on your machine?

Aman....
                    • 37. Re: Listener is NOW up_Partially solved
                      karthiksingh_india
                      Hi aman,

Half of the night you are still not into your bed it seems..

Ya you are correct It may or may not work..sure about it.....

Then am sure that my host name is computer only.. or else tell me how to confirm it and i ll tell..

I dont know anything related to DHCP mostly it wont be enabled it seems.. or else tell me how to check DHCP enabled or not..

And one more query..can you help me in RMAN because i dont know what it is how far it is useful in recovering..

Thanks a lot..

Edited by: karthiksingh_india on Mar 15, 2012 3:29 AM
                      1 2 3 Previous Next