8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2012 8:35 AM by CraigB RSS

Generate Object list Report from Command line

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to generate object list report from command line in oracle forms 6i

my operating system is windows xp sp3

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
          HamidHelal
          user641871 wrote:
          Hi,

Can any one tell me how to generate object list report from command line in oracle forms 6i

my operating system is windows xp sp3

Thanks
          Hi Check this link
          http://sites.google.com/site/craigsoraclestuff/oracle-forms---how-to-s/how-to-create-an-object-list-report-from-the-command-line
          and
          change 
          frmcmp.exe
          to
          ifcmp60.exe
          Hope this works..

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
          • 2. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
            sonu_gupta(ram)
            Hi Hamid..thanx for your response..but this thing is not working..
            i am using following command..

ifcmp60 MODULE=MODULE ml_allocate_batch MODULE_TYPE=FORM logon=NO BATCH=YES forms_doc=YES userid=name/pwd@db .

but it throws window error like,,,send error to server.
            I'll be thankfull for your suggestion.
            • 3. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
              HamidHelal
              920819 wrote:
              Hi Hamid..thanx for your response..but this thing is not working..
              i am using following command..

ifcmp60 MODULE=MODULE ml_allocate_batch MODULE_TYPE=FORM logon=NO BATCH=YES forms_doc=YES userid=name/pwd@db .

I'll be thankfull for your suggestion.
              Do you looking for it ? http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Forms_FAQ#How_can_I_generate_all_my_forms_in_a_batch.3F
              It's for forms version 9i

If need more open a separate thread of your own..
              Hope this helps
              • 4. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
                CraigB
                Is that the exact error? Can you be more specific?

Craig...
                • 5. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
                  sonu_gupta(ram)
                  Hi All,

I am able to generate the rex file one by one.
                  how to generate multiple rex files with single command..
                  i have all my .rdf file in a folder name report..how to generate rex for all these rdf files with single command.
                  • 6. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
                    CraigB
                    how to generate rex for all these rdf files with single command.
                    Please ask your question in a new thread and please tells us if your reports are on a Windows or UNIX/LINUX server. It wouldn't do you much good if I described I gave you instructions for UNIX and you needed them for Windows. ;-) It is also a very good idea to list your Forms and Reports versions. Also, since this is really a Reports question, you should really ask your question in the Reports forum.

Craig...
                    • 7. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
                      sonu_gupta(ram)
                      Hi Craig,
                      I have gone through your links and post.Very Impressive.
                      I want a favour from your side..
                      I am trying to generate object list report for oracle form(6i version
                      and window xp palteform).
                      with following command

ifcmp60 MODULE=test_form.fmb userid=user/pwd@abcd MODULE_TYPE=FORM
                      BATCH=YES forms_doc=YES.

This works good with simple forms..i.e. forms without any subclassing.

But if I do same with forms with subclassing,then I get microsoft window error.
                      kindly help me.
                      • 8. Re: Generate Object list Report from Command line
                        CraigB
                        @sonu_gupta(ram)
                        It is generally not considered polite to ask a question in someone else's thread. The best way is to create a new thread to ask your question and include the URL to any question that is similar to yours. ;-)

As to your issue, I created a test case and did not have any problems - the Forms Compiler created the Object List Report without error. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the directory where the source of the subclasses item exists is not part of your FORMS60_PATH. Double-check your FORMS60_PATH.

If this does not fix the issue, please post your question in a new thread and I will be happy to continue helping you get this fixed. Also, please post the text of the error you are getting.

Craig...