4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 7:30 AM by Known_Sword RSS

Cycle Counting is not fetching All Items in Different Classes

User351286
      Hi All,

My client has performed cycle counting. Ideally system has to fetech all the items in different classes. But in cycle counting listing report only able to fetch few items.

Please let me know are we missing something ?

And please let me know the significance of "Assign Items". How to put the same.

Regards,
      John

Edited by: 911765 on Mar 14, 2012 4:36 AM
        • 1. Re: Cycle Counting is not fetching All Items in Different Classes
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          1) CC won't fetch all items in all classes.
          It will look at only those items that are present in the assign items screen.
          It will only consider those items which have cycle count enabled flag set to Yes in item master
          It will only consider those items that have a non-zero frequency for the ABC class of the item.
          It will only print those items that have some onhand if you run the CC to ignore zero onhand items.

2) You can either manually add items to a CC in the assign items window.
          OR
          You can reinitialize or update the CC (by going to the 3rd tab on CC screen)
          Make sure that you have run ABC compilation so each item has a ABC class. You should also specify the frequency for each ABC class.

Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: Cycle Counting is not fetching All Items in Different Classes
            User351286
            Hi Sandeep,

If CC cannot fetch all the items what is the significance of cycle counting when user can not even see how much item a inv org has.

Secondly i would appreciate if you could let me know the significance of Item Assignment screen. How a user needs to fill the Item Assignment Screen while he/she performing Cycle Counting.

I have confusion in "Seq", "Inventory Value", "% Items" and "Value"

Please let me know, I have so much of confusion.

Regards,
            John

Edited by: 911765 on Mar 14, 2012 8:51 AM
            • 3. Re: Cycle Counting is not fetching All Items in Different Classes
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              If you want all items to be counted (which is not the case for all clients), you should do the following
              1) set cycle count flag = Yes for them on item master
              2) perform ABC classification
              3) In CC screen, set "count zero quantity"
              4) In CC screen, for each ABC class, define the frequency
              5) Define a subinv and locator for each item in the item-subinv screen

Setup CC request set to run daily (assuming your CC frequency is daily)
              Every day, Oracle will generate few cc entries such that it will cover all items over a year.

Sandeep Gandhi
              • 4. Re: Cycle Counting is not fetching All Items in Different Classes
                Known_Sword

Hi,

It is old thread but not getting any answer on new created questions reagrding cycle count.

My problem is I want to count items from warehouse weekley and want to choose the item category myself for counting.

I know cycle count pick the items randomly that I dont want to do.

Is there anyway to do that , I tried many combinations but they are not working.

thanks and apologize for opening old thread.

7Z