Does someone know how to correct configure Oracle Sesame Adapter in Apache Tomcat? I always get this exception when opening repository and issuing "show c." in Sesame console:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
- Oracle DBMS v184.108.40.206 (64-bit) with With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP, Data Mining,Oracle Database Vault and Real Application Testing options
- openRDF Sesame v2.6.3
- Oracle Sesame Adapter (16th April 2009)
- Apache Tomcat v220.127.116.11 (amd64)
- Java VM v1.6.0_31-b05 (amd64)
- Win7 amd64
The Sesame Adapter has been certified against Sesame 2.3.1. I don't think 2.6.3 is supported.
Please refer to the following document.
The error message suggests that the data source is not defined correctly in Tomcat.
A couple of questions for you:
- Can you use WLS? The steps of defining a data source in WLS have been clearly documented in
the above book chapter.
- Can you use Jena Adapter? The reason I am suggesting this is Jena Adapter has been kept up-to-date with the latest and greatest database features.
Hi Zhe and thanks for tip.
I am trying to use dotNetRDF (.Net/C#) library that only can connect to Oracle RDF store via Sesame HTTP Server or Joseki/Jena HTTP Server. If Jena is the most up-to-date library, I will definitely try out this option too. Do you know the difference in terms of functionality between the two SPARQL interfaces?
I have tested that the JDBC JNDI configuration works in Tomcat outside Sesame, but that same JDBC JNDI Name ("jdbc/oradb") is not used even if I type it in reply to the Sesame console prompt "DataSource Name" during creation of repository.
Both Jena and Sesame adapters are well documented in the following guide.
Jena Adapter provides most up-to-date SPARQL features (including SPARQL 1.1) and SPARQL
update. It also has optimizations like S2S, Mid-tier caching, native quad support, SPARQL Gateway, etc.
The data source name has to be OracleSemDS btw. Please refer to the development guide
Hope it helps,