3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 3:21 PM by alwu-Oracle RSS

Problem configuring Oracle Sesame Adapter/Tomcat/Oracle DBMS 11R2

Does someone know how to correct configure Oracle Sesame Adapter in Apache Tomcat? I always get this exception when opening repository and issuing "show c." in Sesame console:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)
      at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)
      at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
      at oracle.spatial.rdf.client.sesame.OracleSailFactory.getOraclePool(OracleSailFactory.java:404)

- Oracle DBMS v11.2.0.1 (64-bit) with With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP, Data Mining,Oracle Database Vault and Real Application Testing options
      - openRDF Sesame v2.6.3
      - Oracle Sesame Adapter (16th April 2009)
      - Apache Tomcat v7.0.2.6 (amd64)
      - Java VM v1.6.0_31-b05 (amd64)
      - Win7 amd64

Regards
      Trond Elde
        • 1. Re: Problem configuring Oracle Sesame Adapter/Tomcat/Oracle DBMS 11R2
          alwu-Oracle
          Hi Trond,

The Sesame Adapter has been certified against Sesame 2.3.1. I don't think 2.6.3 is supported.
          Please refer to the following document.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18283_01/appdev.112/e11828/sem_sesame.htm

The error message suggests that the data source is not defined correctly in Tomcat.

A couple of questions for you:

- Can you use WLS? The steps of defining a data source in WLS have been clearly documented in
          the above book chapter.
          - Can you use Jena Adapter? The reason I am suggesting this is Jena Adapter has been kept up-to-date with the latest and greatest database features.

Thanks,

Zhe Wu
          • 2. Re: Problem configuring Oracle Sesame Adapter/Tomcat/Oracle DBMS 11R2
            Hi Zhe and thanks for tip.

I am trying to use dotNetRDF (.Net/C#) library that only can connect to Oracle RDF store via Sesame HTTP Server or Joseki/Jena HTTP Server. If Jena is the most up-to-date library, I will definitely try out this option too. Do you know the difference in terms of functionality between the two SPARQL interfaces?

I have tested that the JDBC JNDI configuration works in Tomcat outside Sesame, but that same JDBC JNDI Name ("jdbc/oradb") is not used even if I type it in reply to the Sesame console prompt "DataSource Name" during creation of repository.

Trond
            • 3. Re: Problem configuring Oracle Sesame Adapter/Tomcat/Oracle DBMS 11R2
              alwu-Oracle
              Hi,

Both Jena and Sesame adapters are well documented in the following guide.
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e11828/toc.htm

Jena Adapter provides most up-to-date SPARQL features (including SPARQL 1.1) and SPARQL
              update. It also has optimizations like S2S, Mid-tier caching, native quad support, SPARQL Gateway, etc.

The data source name has to be OracleSemDS btw. Please refer to the development guide
              for details.

Hope it helps,

Zhe Wu