6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 5:38 PM by unixjedi-Oracle RSS

Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)

Verdi
      DB Version: trying to install Oracle Database Software 11g2 Enterprise Edition

I have completed successfully the preinstallation requirements as described in the installation guide for Linux.

During the installation process, at stage "Copy files" I receive the error:
      Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
      And then the installation process is terminated.

I watched the generated log file and I paste here the last lines:
      INFO: Number of threads for fast copy :1
      INFO: invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
      SEVERE: oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbEndIterateException: invalid entry size (expected 22699
      8401 but got 102833 bytes)
              at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallAPISession.doOperation(OiicInstallAPISession.java:45
      3)
              at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAPIInstaller.doOperation(OiicAPIInstaller.java:973)
              at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAPIInstaller.doOperation(OiicAPIInstaller.java:936)
              at oracle.install.driver.oui.OUISetupDriver.setup(OUISetupDriver.java:456)
              at oracle.install.driver.oui.SetupJob.call(SetupJob.java:166)
              at oracle.install.driver.oui.SetupJob.call(SetupJob.java:47)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

INFO: Update the state machine to STATE_READY
      INFO: isSuccessfullInstallation: false
      INFO: isSuccessfullRemoteInstallation: true
      INFO: Adding ExitStatus FAILURE to the exit status set
      INFO: Shutting down OUISetupDriver.JobExecutorThread
      SEVERE: [FATAL] invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
         CAUSE: No additional information available.
         ACTION: Refer to the logs or contact Oracle Support Services
         SUMMARY:
             - invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes).
      Refer associated stacktrace #oracle.install.commons.util.exception.DefaultErrorAdvisor:7440
      INFO: Advice is ABORT
      SEVERE: Unconditional Exit
      INFO: Finding the most appropriate exit status for the current application
      INFO: Exit Status is -1
      INFO: Shutdown Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Installer
      I found here in the forum a similar problem discussed a liitle:
      Ayuda....Crear base de datos en Oracle 9i

but it does not help me much.

Please, could you advise?
        • 1. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Are you installing from media (CD/DVD) or a downloaded file ? If you downloaded files, did you verify the download using the "cksum" feature ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cksum

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
            Verdi
            Hi and thank you!

I am using downloaded files and as a matter of fact I didn't check them with check sum.
            And the longer I thing of it the more it seems the files were corrupted.
            • 3. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              The files are most likely corrupted - pl download them again, then use the cksum feature to verify the download (the cksum value is available on the download page) before unzipping them

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
                similar problem and re-check the check sum but nothing happens

here is the entry:
                INFO: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x66be1b3 but got 0x56755ba6)
                SEVERE: oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbEndIterateException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x66be1b3 but got 0x56755ba6)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallAPISession.doOperation(OiicInstallAPISession.java:453)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAPIInstaller.doOperation(OiicAPIInstaller.java:973)
                     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicAPIInstaller.doOperation(OiicAPIInstaller.java:936)
                     at oracle.install.driver.oui.OUISetupDriver.setup(OUISetupDriver.java:456)
                     at oracle.install.driver.oui.SetupJob.call(SetupJob.java:166)
                     at oracle.install.driver.oui.SetupJob.call(SetupJob.java:47)
                     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
                     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
                     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
                     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
                     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

INFO: Update the state machine to STATE_READY
                INFO: isSuccessfullInstallation: false
                INFO: isSuccessfullRemoteInstallation: true
                INFO: Shutting down OUISetupDriver.JobExecutorThread
                SEVERE: [FATAL] invalid entry CRC (expected 0x66be1b3 but got 0x56755ba6)
                CAUSE: No additional information available.
                ACTION: Refer to the logs or contact Oracle Support Services
                SUMMARY:
                - invalid entry CRC (expected 0x66be1b3 but got 0x56755ba6).
                Refer associated stacktrace #oracle.install.commons.util.exception.DefaultErrorAdvisor:8426
                INFO: Advice is ABORT
                SEVERE: Unconditional Exit
                INFO: Finding the most appropriate exit status for the current application
                INFO: Exit Status is -1
                INFO: Shutdown Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Installer
                INFO: Unloading Setup Driver
                • 5. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
                  Srini Chavali-Oracle
                  As noted above, this indicates corrupted download files. Pl re-download the files, verify that the cksums match, then unzip and retry the install.

Pl post future questions in your own new thread.

HTH
                  Srini
                  • 6. Re: Invalid entry size (expected 226998401 but got 102833 bytes)
                    unixjedi-Oracle
                    This seems to be a fairly consistent problem. I have downloaded the 64 Bit Windows OBIEE 4 times now and still get this error during install.
                    Installation Failed. OUI Session failed invalid entry CRC (expected 0xb6ebb2e6 but got 0x8d947f3f)
                    Along with filegroup1, filegroup2 .jar corrupt. Get 25% through install and get the above.

Ugh!