7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 1:15 PM by Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle RSS

BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT

Hi,

I am facing an issue on B2B 10g(10.1.2.3.0).

Description:

1)I have configured a partner (outbound) and i have kept the fileds
      "*Functional acknowledgement required*" = false
      "*Is acknowledgement handled by Integration B2B*" = false

Still i am getting the State as "WaitFA" in BusinessMessage reports.

This is little critical as i am facing this issue on production.

Thanks in Advance,
      Chinmaya Nanda
        • 1. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
          Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
          Chinmaya,

What is the patch level of your system? Which document and transport protocol are you using?

Given that you are facing issue in production, you may log a SR with support.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
            Hi Anuj,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below the response of your question:

1) Patch details:
            Patch 7652646
            Patch 5907304

2)Document protocol:EDI_EDIFACT
            Transport protocol: File

we have same configuration for trading partner on UAT/Staging and Production box.But the issue is coming only on production and not for UAT.Hence i havnt log an SR.

Thanks in Advance,
            Chinmaya Nanda
            • 3. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
              Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
              Hi Chinmaya,

As you mentioned, it's an environment specific issue, I would suggest to log a SR with support. You may consider mailing across the B2B log in debug mode to my id (in my profile).

Regards,
              Anuj
              • 4. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
                Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find below some more observations regarding this issue:

1) we are using EDIFACT protocol and for this perticular case we have configured both Inbound and Outbound for the same message Type(All other partners are having either inbound or outbound for a specific message type).
                2)We did the following tests on the development environment to recreate the issue:
                a) we deleted the partner (it had 5 messagetypes).We were getting this issue for DESADV outbound.
                b)We configured 1 messagetype at a time(we configured DESADV outbound first) and tested and found the issue started coming when we configured Inbound DESADV.
                c)we checked all the configuration and found
                Under host partner (Process_DESADV_D96A - D96A) – Responder (Inbound setup)
                Functional acknowledgement required->true
                We set it to false and the issue got resolved on development server.

Help Needed:
                1) To do this change on production we need to provide proper reasons how this issue got resolved when we did the change for inbound setup while we were getting issue for outbound?
                2)How to do setup for both inbound and outbound for same messagetype?

Thanks in advance,

Chinmaya nanda
                • 5. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
                  Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                  Hi Chinmaya,
                  1) To do this change on production we need to provide proper reasons how this issue got resolved when we did the change for inbound setup while we were getting issue for outbound?
                  It seems like a bug. Ideally inbound configuration should not affect outbound configuration.
                  2)How to do setup for both inbound and outbound for same messagetype?
                  I would suggest you to create different version of same Business Action. Use one version for Inbound and another for Outbound.

BTW, I also strongly suggest to upgrade your system to 11g.

Regards,
                  Anuj
                  • 6. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
                    Hi Anuj,

Thanks for your replies :).

For point number 1 ,I also think that is a bug.

Can you please explain the below line:

I would suggest you to create different version of same Business Action. Use one version for Inbound and another for Outbound.

We are moving to 11g in some time :).

Thanks In advance,
                    Chinmaya Nanda
                    • 7. Re: BusinessMessage Report State coming as "WaitFA" for EDIFACT
                      Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
                      Can you please explain the below line:
                      Create two Business Actions with same name but different revision. Use one revision for inbound and another for outbound.

Regards,
                      Anuj