1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 8:20 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
        Hi,
        This is the error message I am getting finally
        "The actual number of running processes does not match the expected number for instances of this service. Some instances may be transitioning to new states."
        How do you get this error? Were you able to start all the application services with no issues?

Regards,
        Hussein
        • 16. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
          Hi,
          I think I found a pointer to the error . When I execute my shut down scripts (for application tier), then all the processes shutdown except one

This is the output on running the shutdown at application tier layer
          ps -fu applmgr
          UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD
          applmgr 3898 1 0 09:55 ? 00:00:08 /u01/oracle/PRODF/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin/java -DCLIENT_PROCESSID=3898 -server -Xmx384m -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:+UseSerialGC -Doracle.apps.fnd.common.P

applmgr 9093 1 0 16:06 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh /u01/oracle/PRODF/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin/reviver.sh 884797 S
          applmgr 9231 9093 0 16:14 ? 00:00:00 sleep 30

Now when I execute start up script again, the process id of the OPP is 3898 . This is the same process which was never terminated on running the adstrtll.sh . And since this corresponds to OPP , on executing the start scripts, it gives me the error.
          Can I kill this java process manually or is it expected that this process will take a lot of time to stop ? Any pointers will be truly appreciated.
          Best regards,
          brinda
          • 17. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Hi,
            Can I kill this java process manually or is it expected that this process will take a lot of time to stop ? Any pointers will be truly appreciated.
            This process should not take that long to terminate, and it should be OK (tho you are not supposed) to kill it manually, but are you able to start the OPP once you kill this process manually?

Regards,
            Hussein
            • 18. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
              Hi ,
              I have not yet killed the process to check whether OPP is starting but I am getting an idea it should start. But as you say that this process should not take that long to terminate, would you know of any reasons why it might be taking that long. (It's already been 25 minutes since I executed the adstrpall.sh command ). Is there any possible deadlock or pending jobs .

Best regards,
              brinda
              • 19. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Hi,
                I have not yet killed the process to check whether OPP is starting but I am getting an idea it should start. But as you say that this process should not take that long to terminate, would you know of any reasons why it might be taking that long. (It's already been 25 minutes since I executed the adstrpall.sh command
                Was this working properly before? If yes, any changes have been done recently? Did you try to run AutoConfig and see if it helps?
                Is there any possible deadlock or pending jobs .
                Check the database log file and the CM tables to verify this.

Regards,
                Hussein
                • 20. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
                  gohappy
                  Hi Hussein,

I have also the same problem in OPP (Actual and Target values are not same). I found this after using adstrtal.sh, I could n't find anything in log file. I run adautocfg.sh, which run successfully but didn't help me out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
                  Tusar
                  • 21. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
                    User287063
                    Is there a way to write a script to shutdown and re-start the Output Post Processor - without having to resort to bouncing the entire APPS stack?

Thanks
                    • 22. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
                      Srini Chavali-Oracle
                      Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions.

OPP is stopped/started by the concurrent manager script adcmctl.sh - you will need to stop and start the concurrent managers to restart the OPP.

The other option is to manually stop and restart OPP via the System Administrator responsibility - navigation path "Concurrent > Manager > Administer" - select OPP and click the "Restart" button.

I do not know of a script to just stop/start the OPP from the command-line.

HTH
                      Srini
                      • 23. Re: Problems in Output Post processor : it stops on its own
                        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                        Is there a way to write a script to shutdown and re-start the Output Post Processor - without having to resort to bouncing the entire APPS stack?
                        Yes -- Use adcmctl.sh script but this will bounce all CMs.

There is no specific script for OPP.

Thanks,
                        Hussein
                        1 2 Previous Next